Hand book on communication
The purpose of this Communication Handbook is to assist you in communicating
effectively. It gives clear practical tips per each topic that might be applicable to
your daily communication within the company.
The layout of the Handbook is very simple with an index of topics for quick refer-
ence. There are also some pages at the end of the Handbook, which you can us
for your personal notes.
The Handbook is advised to be kept on the work desk for an easy reach when
Give full attention to people while they are talking to you.
· Encourage other people to talk, and ask appropriate questions.
· Present your ideas so that others are receptive to your point of view.
· Treat people fairly and let others know how you want to be treated.
· Value teamwork and know how to build cooperation and commitment.
· Show respect for people’s ideas and feelings, even when you disagree with them.
· Accept differences and conflict as a normal part of any work environment, and
know how to address them constructively.
· Strive to understand other people and to be empathetic.
· Be open to negative feedback, and communicate difficult truths in a respectful
· Be able to easily win people’s trust and respect.
· Check to make sure you have