The son of a Kentucky frontiersman, Lincoln had to struggle for a living and for learning. Five months before receiving his party's nomination for President, he sketched his life:
"I was born Feb. 12, 1809, in Hardin County, Kentucky. My parents were both born in Virginia, of undistinguished families--second families, perhaps I should say. My mother, who died in my tenth year, was of a family of the name of Hanks.... My father ... removed from Kentucky to ... Indiana, in my eighth year.... It was a wild region, with many bears and other wild animals still in the woods. There I grew up.... Of course when I came of age I did not know much. Still somehow, I could read, write, and cipher ... but that was all."
View more random threads:
- How To Boost Your Confidence!
- Nick Vujicic Playing Guitar :) - South Africa
- Mawa Cake
- Obama Meets Obama Girl in 1966
- How to Fold A Fitted Sheet?
- Kinley | Kitna Chain Hota Hai Na Sachchai...
- Timelapse High Speed Airplane in Airport HD...
- Evil Household Pranks
- Jeena Jeena (Uncut Video Song) | Badlapur |...
- Pyar Hua Ikarar Hua - Raj Kapoor & Nargis -...