Updated at: 0213 PST, Sunday, September 27, 2009
KARACHI: Hundreds of thousands of people have come out on the streets all across Pakistan cities including Karachi, Hyderabad, and Lahore to celebrate Pakistan’s victory against India by 54 runs in an ODI of ICC Champions Trophy at Centurion park on Saturday night, Geo news reported.
With this win Pakistan have also qualified for the semi final race by beating West Indies and now India in two consecutive matches of their group.
People in jubilation are dancing on drums doing Bhangra (traditional dance) and chanting slogans in spirit of victory.
Young boys are riding motorcycles and doing wheelies on main roads in Karachi, Lahore and Hyderabad.
View more random threads:
- The case against Aafia Siddiqui - 6 Aug 08
- Overseas Pakistani now cast their votes
- Challenges for Modi ....Javed Jabbar.
- [[M]] In Japan, Testing the Market for...
- 10 Wonders of architecture in the New China
- LATEST NEWS!!!!!! i think;) 16-05-2009 Swine...
- People of Karachi Came Out on roads in...
- RIO wins right to host the 2016 Olympics
- Mahima injured in a political roadshow
- Political parties bank on Bollywood star...