Updated at: 0227 PST, Sunday, September 27, 2009
CENTURION: Pakistan defeated India by 54 runs in an exciting contest in their Group A day-night match in the ICC Champions Trophy here on Saturday.
Chasing a difficult target of 303, India batted well but their tail collapsed after experienced Rahul Dravid departed in 42nd over.
Dravid made 76 with four boundaries while opener Gautam Gambhir smashed 57 from 46 balls with two sixes and seven fours and Suresh Raina hit 46 off 41 balls with five fours and two sixes.
Seamers Mohammad Aamer and Rana naved-ul-Hasan, spinners Shahid Afridi and Saeed Ajmal claimed two wickets each.
Earlier, an enterprising century by Shoaib Malik and brilliant 87 by Mohammad Yousuf helped Pakistan set India a difficult target of 303 runs.
Malik made 128 from 126 balls and struck 16 fours while Yousuf hit seven fours in his 88-ball innings. He was later declared man-of-the-match.
Both added 206 runs, a record fourth wicket partnership against India.
For India, seamers Ashish Nehra bagged four wickets for 55 runs while Ishant Sharma claimed two for 39.
View more random threads:
- Who's arming the World?
- Bird Brain !!!!
- Pakistan Day observed with national spirit
- NRI spends 550 million rupees on daughter's...
- Norway allows burkini swimsuits in city pools
- Hot weather in Pakistan
- Mideast's Balance of Power Tips Toward Iran...
- Why I threw the shoe: Muntazer al-Zaidi
- [[M]]Computers Worldwide Hit By Cyber Hackers
- Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez has died..