Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer infected by virus

Junior Member Array

Computer infected by virus

i have avg anituvirus in my computer.recently my antivirus found an win32/polipos from my computer and i deleted it.but since then my computer is working slowly.my antivrus is not getting updated.whenever i am trying to scan my computer using a online antivirus scanner the pages are not opening.can i remove it withou formattimg my computer?

Member Array
    hmm well try to download Kaspersky 2009 and then scan ur PC..........if you cannot open the Kaspersky website then probably ur Virus isnt OUT..........u might then have to format ur computer after performing a backup

Junior Member Array
    Hi,
    Try this also if you are having antivirus software with you.
    First uninstall the AVG, then re-install it & update ASAP, then check entire machine for viruses.

As most of the viruses are hiding from antivirus by changing it’s settings. So you need to have a fresh copy.
    but try to do this by not restarting machine while after you reinstall a fresh copy of antivirus.

Also try to go for a MacAfee , Norton or Kaspersky as some of you can get for free.
    if you like to try kaspersky there are plenty sites offering free downloads & it is having 30 days trial period (You can renew this 30 day trial period by using Kaspersky trial re-setter software, which is freely available in the net).

Hope this will help you to get solve your problem.

(Sorry i have try to put a download link for macafee total protection 2009, but forum is not allowing)

Junior Member Array
    Try VIPER from "sunbelt software", its a 15days trial version....looks good...

Senior Member Array
    Hi frnd....tats not a virus. It is just a spyware.

Win32.Polipos (Virus.Polipos) is a virus threat that may enter into your computer through a browser security exploit. Once Win32.Polipos is installed it remains in your system memory where it attampts to infect other executable files where it may damage essential files needed for operation of your system. Win32.Polipos or Virus.Polipos may open up your computer to a remote attacker where it could be controlled to perfrom malicious actions. Win32.Polipos or Virus.Polipos is a serious threat and security risk that should be detected with a spyware scan tool so that it may be removed

For removal you must directly work in registry because using other softwares is going to take time only. Well i can give you the steps.

OR THE BEST METHOD, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE LOTS OF INFORMATION, JUST GO IN FOR OS RE-INSTALLATION.

I advice this because your antivirus will find things once they start executing themselves. This particular spyware has a powerful method of de-activating antivirus against it.

If you need more help do not feel to contact me.

Junior Member Array
    Download the particular virus removal tool, in your case Win32.Polipos-A or its variants, from any of the antivirus vendors like kaspersky, avg, avast, symantec, etc and run it. it should solve the problem. Being a memory resident virus it does take more than one cleaning session.

Junior Member Array

Kaspersky

From all anti-virus software I suggest you to run Kaspersky. Due to its high level of professionalism and dedication, Kaspersky Lab has become one of the market leaders in the development of antivirus protection. When it comes to providing reliable protection against viruses, spam and hacker attacks, Kaspersky Lab has solutions for every customer. I use it too, it's very good.

Installing of Antivirus.

When instlling Antivirus, we have to take into account the mb of the RAM installed. For example if the ram is 256 mb lthen Kasperskey will slow down the system drastically. This has been my personal experience. I have tried AVG, Mc.afee, and other antivirus tools. For a RAM of 256 and below, I found the Avira Antivirus software comfortable and it does not slow down your system. It can be downloaded easily from Google and it is free. Enjoy!

Member Array
    very good, thanks for sharing,,,

Junior Member Array
    Its nice sharing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information