Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Query ....

Member Array

Query ....

To
    Admin / Nidos
    Nidokidos.

Last couple of weeks the name which was flooded all over media is "Jinnah".
    Out of curiosity I tried searching in google for more information and I was shocked to know what is written about him.

The following is noticed during my search w.r.t "wikipedia"

1)Real name of jinnah was not Mohammed Ali Jinnah but Mahomedali Jinnahbhai.

2) He was "khoja" ... meaning Ismaili or Agha khani...

3)... there are more things which I read about his marriage / lifestyle etc.

What I would like to know from you is put some light on this... I wish what I read is wrong. PLEASE.

Member Array
    Please look into the link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_Ali_Jinnah

Member Array
    In August 1941, Jinnah was interviewed by students of the Osmania University, Hyderabad. The Daily Inquilab, January 8th 1942, published excerpts from this interview which are as follows:

Q. What are the essential features of religion and a religious state?

A. When I hear the word "religion," being used in the English speaking world, my mind is automatically drawn towards 'a private relationship between man and his God'. But I know very well indeed, Islam cannot be limited to the confines of the English definition of religion. Islam is not a 'religion' in the English sense of the word. I am neither a Maulwi nor a Mullah, nor do I claim to be an expert on theology. However I have undertaken a personal study of The Quran and the Islamic law. In this great book, their are guidelines that entail every aspect of human life. Whether it is the spiritual aspect of life, or communal; political or economic, there is no avenue of life that is not encompassed by the teachings of the Quran. On top of everything else that is in it, just the section pertaining to the constitutional rights and welfare of Non-Muslim minorities living under the Islamic State, is so superior, it is impossible to imagine anything better than that.

Member Array
    @ Dalinder: there are many things wrong on Wikipedia including the matter of our Religion Islam. As far as the name is concerned then this is wrong I mean actual name is Mohammad Ali Jinnah where as i am not sure about the other matters of Him...

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorious Angel
    @ Dalinder: there are many things wrong on Wikipedia including the matter of our Religion Islam. As far as the name is concerned then this is wrong I mean actual name is Mohammad Ali Jinnah where as i am not sure about the other matters of Him...
    How about point number two... tell me thats false too.

Member Array
    It seems no one is intrested in replying...

Or all are ignorant like me...

Senior Member Array
    dalinder u know what???? my teachers in US says "never use wekipedia for ur resaerch papers/essays bcoz it isnt reliable" so i think its quite clear to u...

jinah's real name was mohammad ali jinnah...

i m really surprised to know the info u posted above... its not true at all...

he was a muslim... and i never heard abt this ... its totally false... and form 2day i have started believing that whatever my teacher said abt wekipedia was absolutely rite...

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by sveetzara
    dalinder u know what???? my teachers in US says "never use wekipedia for ur resaerch papers/essays bcoz it isnt reliable" so i think its quite clear to u...

jinah's real name was mohammad ali jinnah...

i m really surprised to know the info u posted above... its not true at all...

he was a muslim... and i never heard abt this ... its totally false... and form 2day i have started believing that whatever my teacher said abt wekipedia was absolutely rite...

I really wish and hope what u have said is 100% correct... I really wish.

And thats not the only source...

Member Array
    FOR REFERENCE PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINKS.

http://www.pakistan.gov.pk/Quaid/life_quaid.htm

http://www.storyofpakistan.com/person.asp?perid=P009

http://www.geocities.com/junaid_hassan25/jinnah.htm

IF ABOVE MENTIONED DETAILS ARE WRONG THEN PLEASE GIVE THE CORRECT BIOGRAPHY. BRIEF ONE.

Senior Member Array
    Never trust wikipedia, because anyone can go and edit the information.. when we would have research for our high skool projects and college, we did use wikipedia, unless its about animal or something like that....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information