It is possible to disable XP splash screen, which will slightly speed up the overall boot process. Be aware that removing the splash screen will also cause you not to see any boot-up messages that might come up (chkdsk, convert ... ), but if your system runs without any problems then it should not matter.
1. Edit boot.ini
2. Add " /noguiboot" right after "/fastdetect".
(or check the /noguiboot switch in msconfig on the boot.ini tab)
Upon restarting, the splash screen will be gone. It can be re-enabled by removing the new switch.
View more random threads:
- Photoshop CS6 Tutorials
- Convert a video clip into animated Gif image
- Correcting System Hang at Startup
- Reactivate DLL's
- This Is A Hidden Zip Program In Windows
- This is not really a tweak as such, just a...
- Any method to crack RAR file with password?
- Mac Pro Mini (Mid Range Tower Mac)
- Create your own logos...
- Charge mobile with USB cable