Lets Get Real
News is just “news”…
Not the absolute truth.
Let’s put swine flu (H1N1) into perspective
What are the symptoms of Influenza A (H1N1)?
• Fever• Headache• Cough• Sore throat• Runny & stuffy nose• Extreme fatigue• Muscle aches• Nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea (these symptoms may also occur, but are more common in children)
Just about anyone could have Swine Flu
816 deaths worldwide in 160 countries
Europe – 16,556 cases with 34 deaths
‘Given that countries are no longer required to test and report individual cases, the number of cases reported actually understates the real number of cases.’
Odds of …
# death by assault in your lifetime : 331/1
# death by falling : 250/1
# death by firearm : 325/1
# death by poison : 1,400/1
# death in a car crash : 5,000/1
# death by choking on food or something else : 5,000/1
# death by drowning : 9,000/1
# death by murder : 20,000/1
# death by lightning : 71,000/1
# death by dog attack : 137,000/1
# death in the bathtub : 807,000/1
# death by a flood : 713,000/1
# death by falling out of bed : 2,000,000/1
# being killed in a terrorist WMD attack : 6,000,000/1
1154 people died (worldwide)
Yup, that’s right
You at a greater risk from drowning in a bathtub
View more random threads:
- SHAHBAZ SHARIF LION ROARING
- urdu - Election Commssion ka aik aur tohfa
- PTI Tsunami Returns - 23rd March 2013, Minar...
- Bikao media say naraz Haroon ar Rasheed nay...
- urdu - Ogra Scandal mein Gillani aur Pervaiz...
- urdu - jo khawab tha lakhon aankhon ka, yeh...
- urdu - Swat kay leay heavy transformers...
- Just when you thought the war on terror was...
- urdu - Aslam Mudhyana
- Chairman Press Conference on Hangu Drone...