Creative Ways to Say "Thank You"
Every day there are people in our lives who deserve our thanks. Sometimes a simple "Thank you" is appropriate. At other times, it is more thoughtful to be creative in expressing appreciation. It's just good business.
Here are some suggestions for thanking people at work, at home, and in the community.
1. When you say "Thank you" tell the person specifically what it is you appreciate and why you appreciate it. "Thank you for going to the Post Office for me. It saved me a lot of time."
2. Send an e-mail note. When I sent a thank you note to my staff in the Pentagon, the energy level shot up.
3. Send a hand-written thank you note. These are noteworthy because so few of us take time to write and mail them.
4. Place an unexpected phone call just to say "Thank you." Connecting verbally adds warmth to your appreciation even if you reach voice mail.
5. Present a small certificate. Half-page certificates take up less space if displayed and are as meaningful as full sized certificates. They tend to draw attention because they are different.
6. Give a single flower from your garden, flowerpot, or florist, with a verbal "Thank you" or a note.
7. Put a candy bar or piece of fruit on the desk of the person to be thanked, with or without a note. (Be sure the person is not on vacation!)
8. Bake some cookies. This is especially effective when men bake and present a few cookies in thanksgiving.
9. Say something nice about the recipient of your thanks to someone else when the person you appreciate can overhear you. This is especially powerful in a business setting.
Jo Condrill was a civilian leader at Army Headquarters in the Pentagon, and she led 3,000 Toastmasters to rank #1 in the world. She knows the value of gratitude. Author of "Take Charge of Your Life: Dare to Pursue Your Dreams," "101 Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills Instantly," and "From Book Signing to Best Seller."
View more random threads:
- Sunnahs of Prophet Muhammad [PBUH]
- Do you see clockwise or anticlockwise?
- Policy of Pirates
- All Because of You
- See inside people. Here are the CHILLS for...
- Welcome February 2010
- Want to share this with my Nidokidos friends
- English converted to hindi....translation
- When a boy likes Video Games and when a girl...