(from Joe Harmon at Joe Harmon Design) We aren't really all about mission statements around here; too often, they are phoney and superfluous. That said, here is ours. We are building a high-performance, mid-engined supercar from wood composites as a graduate project at North Carolina State University. Wood will be used whereever possible, including the chassis, body, and large percentages of the suspension components and wheels. The car has a target weight of 2500lbs and a power goal of over 600 horsepower. We aren't trying to sell anything; we aren't trying to save the world, and we aren't advocating that everyone should drive a wooden car. This project is a scholastic endeavour in which are simply trying to explore materials, learn, teach, share ideas, and stimulate creativity. This section details who we are and what we are doing. We hope you enjoy checking out what we are working on.
View more random threads:
- 2009 Toyota FT-86 Concept
- Bugatti Type 12-2 Streamliner Concept Design...
- 2009 Vizualtech Time Attack Nissan 200
- 2009 Codename Hotrod by Ali Murat Keskin
- 2010 Zagato 2getthere Podcar
- 2009 BMW RZ-M6 by Racer X Design (XCLUSIV+++)
- 2008 Volkswagen SP-2 Concept Design by...
- 2008 Chevrolet Camaro Dale Earnhardt Jr...
- 2005 BMW Simple Concept
- 2009 Kia Soul'ster Concept