Mohatta Palace, Karachi
Mohatta Palace is located in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. It was built by Shivratan Chandraratan Mohatta, an ambitious self-made Hindu businessman from Marwar as his summer home in 1927.The architect of the palace was Agha Ahmed Hussain. However, Mohatta could enjoy this building for only about two decades before political upheaval and the partition of the subcontinent forced him to leave Karachi. He built the Palace in the tradition of stone palaces in Rajasthan, using pink Jodhpur stone in combination with the local yellow stone from Gizri. The amalgam gave the palace a distinctive presence in an elegant neighbourhood, characterised by Mughal architecture which was located not far from the sea.
View more random threads:
- Creativity.. on the ceiling!!
- Best Wedding Couple 2008
- Pics For Sharp Mind People (Belive or Not)
- A spider and raindrop
- Liquid Asset......Awesome 4
- Aftari with Mufti Abdul Qavi ...
- Indians were the 1st to go to the Moon
- Oscar Nominees......
- Welcome to Paris, the City of Light!
- SIDDHAGIRI MUSEUM........A village life