Taj Mahal A Symmetrical wonder
On a platform 22' high and 313' square. Corner minarets 137' tall. Main structure 186'
on a side, dome to 187'. The mausoleum is 57 m (190 ft) square in plan. "The central inner
dome is 24.5 m (81 ft) high and 17.7 m (58 ft) in diameter, but is surmounted by an outer
shell nearly 61 m (200 ft) in height." —Sir Banister Fletcher. A History of Architecture. p630.
The minarets are 2 degrees off center, leaning towards the outside, thus will not fall
on the Taj during an earthquake. Every design is carved in marble and inlaid with precious
stones. None of it is painted. The precious stones were sourced from China, Yemen and
Persia. The marble came from Rajasthan. Every flower on the walls is drooping to mourn
the dead queen.
View more random threads:
- Eid Celebrations All Around The World.....
- Weeping Baby
- My lil model by cindy spain
- Amazing (longest Hair) (01)
- Monasterio Taung Kalat en Myanmar
- 'Happiest Hacker' - Hamza Bendelladj
- You r Gonna Love Them.... (my childhood)
- Replica of Sphinx Dismantled in China after...
- Some Anacondas Around The World