The global demand of gold is more than 2,500 tonnes and Pakistan’s consumption is more than 100 tonnes, which reportedly makes Pakistan world’s 10th largest market in the gem sector.
A former coordinator on gem and jewellery development sector Strategy Working Group (SWOG), Shafi Chowksi yesterday said Pakistan is replete with natural resources, unmatched quality of ruby, emerald, topaz, aqua marine, fluorite, lais-lazuli.
These are mined from the valleys of Gilgit, Hunza, Swat, Azad Kashmir and Chitral, he added.
Pakistan was organising a ‘Pakistan International Jewellery Show’ from October 23-25, 2009 so that the international jewellers could participate to meet and explore the rich and traditional market of jewellery.
Pakistan can capture sizeable gems and jewelry market in Malaysia after signing of Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the two countries, he asserted.
Pakistan can achieve $1.5 billion gems and jewellery export target by 2016, if encouragement to entrepreneurship, supportive infrastructure and introduction of latest mining, gems cutting and jewellery manufacturing techniques is provided, Shafi said.
View more random threads:
- [[M]] Poll results prompt Iran protests
- Displaced Families in Pakistan
- Arab collusion in the Israeli massacre !!!!
- The care for a bird
- Pak Army more professional than India’s
- Youths throng streets as Pakistan beat India...
- Saved by Miracle!
- muhammad haroon giving interview in olymic...
- I like to radio to keep me update ?
- Brain-behavior disconnect in cocaine...