A series of questions to be answered...
1) I've had a very peculiar life. For the first quarter of my life, I played no sports at all. After that, I only played one sport at a time.
After the first quarter, I played only baseball for ten years. I got tired of that so I switched to only playing tennis for nine years. Next, for the past eight years, I've only been running. How old am I?
2) The year 1978 has an unusual property. When you add the 19 to the 78, the total is the same as the middle two digits (97). What will be the next year to have this same property?
3) Gary began peeling a pile of 44 potatoes at the rate of 3 per minute. Four minutes later, Christen joined him, and peeled at the rate of 5 potatoes per minute. When they were finished, how many potatoes had each peeled?
4) Arrange the numbers 1 through 9 on a tic tac toe board such that the numbers in each row, column, and diagonal add up to 15.
5) A fancy restaurant in London was offering a promotional deal. A married couple could eat at the restaurant for half-price on their anniversary. To prevent scams, the couple would need proof of their wedding date.
One Thursday evening, a couple claimed it was their anniversary, but didn't bring any proof. The restaurant manager was called to speak with the couple. When the manager asked to hear about the wedding day, the wife replied with the following: "Oh, it was a wonderful Sunday afternoon, birds were chirping, and flowers were in full bloom." After nearly 10 minutes of ranting, she comes to tell him that today was their 28th wedding anniversary.
"How lovely", the manager said, "However, you do not qualify for the discount. Today is not your anniversary, you are a liar".
How did the manager know that it wasn't their anniversary?
6) You are stuck in a room. All that is there is a slip of paper on a table, and many bottles. The only exit is guarded by a heat sensor that will not let you out. The only way out is to drink one of the bottles' contents, and the liquid will cool down your body heat (with no harm to yourself) enough so that the heat sensor doesn't detect you anymore. There are nine bottles on the ground beyond the table. The content of the slip of paper will tell you what each of the bottles are. Find out what all the bottles are, and then find out which one to drink to get out.
Three of me are poison, and will kill you if you drink.
Two of me are water, nothing bad will happen with these.
Two of me are wine, and it will only get you drunk.
One will heat you up forever, and this room will never let you out. (hinder)
Only one here will help you, it will cool down your body heat.
No medium bottles are poison.
Wine is bad in large doses, so none are large.
Each of the end bottles have the same contents.
No matter how help hides, it will be on poison's left side, but its left side is safe.
No two small bottles are the same.
The hinderer is harder, for it resides between wine and water.
The hinder bottle is large, so it works forever.
Neither big nor medium will save your life.
Poison is all you will get from the bottle on the far right.
Water is next to the helper.
7) Someone has stolen a man's wig and has put it in one of four locked boxes. The boxes are numbered from 1,2,3,4 in that order. There are four different keys that each has their own color. Use the clues below to figure out which key goes in which box and to find the box where the man's wig is being kept.
1. The green key goes to the third or fourth box
2. The wig is to the left of the fourth box
3. The wig is to the right of the first box
4. The yellow key is to the left of the wig
5. The blue key is to the right of the yellow key and to the left of the green key
6. The red key goes to the first box
Water lilies double in area every twenty four hours. At the beginning of summer there is one water lily on a lake. It takes sixty days for the lake to become completely covered with water lilies. On what day is it half covered?
9) A hunter arose early, ate breakfast, and headed south. Half a mile from camp he tripped and skinned his nose. He picked himself up, cursing, and continued south. Half a mile farther along he spotted a bear. Drawing a bead, he pulled the trigger, but the safety was on. The bear saw him and headed east at top speed. Half a mile later the hunter caught up, fired, but only wounded the beast, which limped on toward the east. The hunter followed and, half a mile later, caught and killed the bear. Pleased, the hunter walked the mile north back to his camp to find that it had been ransacked by a second bear.
What color was the bear that tore up his camp?
The clues are all there.
Hey friends, I am sorry if few or all the questions are a RE-POST... Newayz, we need to provide the answers to all the questions... I have successfully manged all the 9 answers... Hope you'll enjoy solving them... Luv, Farmerulz...