disable unneeded startup services for a safer, faster XP, use the "Services" Admin Tool (Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services). If you are a single user of a non-networked machine, you can disable the following items, with no ill effect.
Fast User Switching
Human Interface Access Devices
Indexing Service (Slows the hard drive down)
Net Logon (unnecessary unless networked on a Domain)
Netmeeting Remote Desktop Sharing (disabled for extra security)
Remote Desktop Help Session Manager (disabled for extra security)
Remote Procedure Call Locator
Remote Registry (disabled for extra security)
Routing & Remote Access (disabled for extra security)
SSDP Discovery Service (this is for the utterly pointless "Universal P'n'P", & leaves TCP Port 5000 wide open)
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
Telnet (disabled for extra security)
Universal Plug and Play Device Host
Wireless Zero Configuration (for wireless networks)
View more random threads:
- Make your own icons
- Backing up or transferring your email...
- Increasing the speed of your hard disk
- work with PC's with ur own language
- Photoshop CS6 Tutorial - Iris Blur Tutorial
- Change browser toolbar background...
- How to delete all the temporary files from...
- Cool Check this out !..
- Fix Firefox Memory Leak, (ram Usage)
- SafeBook LVo Mobile Thin Client Laptop