Thread: pc is very slow need help

Junior Member Array

pc is very slow need help

hi . if any one can help .

just want tell my pc speed is very slow while starting pc its take lots of time and even while shutdowning my pc its very slow first was cool its since 1 or 2 weeks my pc has slowe downed .

and one more i have downloded internet explorere 8 my internet speed is also very very slow my internet is of dsl cable netwok

so pls if u have any suggestion which can change my pc speed or any software which can increase my pc speed

then pls do help me thans alots .

Senior Member Array
    Generally any pc will get slower when you install more and more software in it. I think you have more software than the available memory sizes. Not the hard disk other memories.

So i think we can help you out if you give us the details of the hardware configuration, os and some important softwares available in your system.

There are chances for you to increase the speed by increasing RAM size also. But for that we need to know your hardware configuration. For example, a processor with nearly 1GHz cannot be loaded with RAM more than some amount. This depends on the processor company and motherboard also.....

so plz give more details....

Junior Member Array

thanks for the reply

hi thats good u have respond to my masage thanks alots .

ok any ways can u tell me how check hardware configuration
    so that i can check and tell you so that to know this u can help me thanks .

Senior Member Array
    for finding it u've to right click ur 'My Computer' icon in the desktop. Select 'Properties'.

In the 'General' tab u'll find all details like OS, Processor, RAM, etc.

Along with tat we'ld also like to know the softwares in your system. Any games or high end software for programming or multimedias, etc.

Junior Member Array

ok

hi. durani .

i have checked in general tab system microsoft window xp professional version2002 service pack 3

computer intel (r) pentium (r) 4 cpu 2.26ghz
    2.27ghz, 224 mb of ram.

about softwares i didnt install many softwares . ad even no games

but any ways softwares in my pc r : adobe flash player 10 active x
    adobe flash player 10 plugin, adobe reader 9.1, google chorme,in page xp 2004 edition, kaspersky anti virus 7.0, microsoft. net framework2.0 service pack, microsoft. net framework 3.0 service pack,microsoft. net framework 3.5 sp1 , microsoft office enterprise 2007, microsoft silverlight, microsoft visual c++2005 redistributable, mozilla firefox (3.0.10) , msxml 6 service pack 2 (kb954459), realplayer, s3display,s3gamma2, s3overlay, volume control via rhine -family fast -ethernet adapter, windows internet explorere 8, windows live essentials,windows live sign in asistant, windows live upload tool, windows media player , window xp service pack 3 , yahoo messenger

ok i have written all the pc information and all the softwares in my pc now i hope u can help me out and even u can tell which softwares or system files i should delete to increase my pc speed i will delet it ok thanks pls do respond and help me thanks alots .

your ram is very low. take it up to 1GB.
    because 1GB is kool for windows xp.

Viruses also slow down PC. do u update you antivirus program?? if no , then keep it updated whenever you connect to the internet.

Senior Member Array
    Ok the case s admin said is very clear. You have very low RAM size for XP. You have the capability of increasing your RAM size upto 2GB.

There r 2 slots for fixing RAM. So u can fix 2 RAMs at same time. Buy another RAM [can be around 1GB], and fix it in the other slot.

Check for any virus or malwares or worms in your system with updated antivirus tools.

This should be more than enough. If you system is still slower, then plz do inform we can suggest alternate which can deal with startup.

Junior Member Array

thanks

ok anyways thanks for your sugestions .

yes i do update antivirus everyday when i connect to internet

and there is no virus in my pc if i fin any virus i remove it so i think there is no virus in my pc

i think so the ram size is small . so i will buy the ram and hope so it will work fast . so there is no other option to speed up my pc . is there any software which can increase ram or pc speed so i can downlod it . it will be good beacuse i have to call pc tecnition to reapire or install ram for my pc .

thanks alots ....

Senior Member Array (` (Ajnabee) )'s Avatar
    YEAH TU PORI COMPUTER CLASS HAI

Member Array
    Thanks........
    Nice post.........Carry on Dear

Thread Information