An authentication official says a photograph of the 1927 New York Yankees team that earned the nickname "Murderer's Row" has sold for $350,000.
PSA/DNA Authentication Services President Joe Orlando said in a release Thursday the auction sale of the autographed baseball photo marked a record price for an item of its kind.
"The price is the most ever paid for a vintage sports photograph and is nearly 70 percent higher than the last time this autographed picture was sold in an auction less than three years ago," Orlando said, referring to the $206,000 price the photo brought in a 2006 auction.
Orlando said the photograph was signed by 30 members of the 1927 team, which included baseball greats Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.
The photo was purchased by an unidentified New York collector who plans on displaying it at the new Yankee Stadium, the PSA/DNA president said.
View more random threads:
- Who was real sikandar e Aazm?
- urdu - meri touheen par khamosh rehnay ka...
- How to be happier – from 'the world's...
- Stop Israel
- Drone will fly in Libya for monitoring
- The most richest arabs
- An American drone shot down in Pakistan
- Consultants not needed For Canadian...
- Some Important and must read facts
- World cup 2014 [R.I.R]