I grew impatient waiting for BMW to bring out an R8 rival, so I decided to design my own version of it. The recipe was simple. It needed to look Aggressive, Sleek, Agile and totally different from anything on the road today.
Usually I’d study legendary cars and draw inspiration from that. When designing the Ferrari F250 Concept e.g. I drew inspiration from cars like the Dino and 250GTO. This time however I needed
to clear my head and come up with something totally unique while still keeping some BMW details.
So elements like the trademark grille and hockey stick pillar remain. My inspiration for this design however came from nature. More specifically water and the way it flows and ripples. The side
detailing was inspired by what’s called in surfing terms “ a Barrel or Tube”. It’s where the wave is hollow when it breaks.
Dimension wise the car is roughly the same as the R8 and would be powered by a tweaked version of the 5L V10 found in the M6. It should be good for 400kw plus. If this car had to go into production in today’s day and age it would probably lose most of its aggressiveness and bold design features
And that’s sad because imagine pulling up next to an R8 in this….
View more random threads:
- 2009 Italdesign Giugiaro Frazer-Nash Namir...
- 2010 Rizk Auto RA
- 2009 C3R 427R Corvette by Christian...
- Stingray Dream Design by Pedram Rostami
- 2009 Delithium Concept by Bo Zolland
- 2009 Ford Transit Connect Family One Concept
- 2009 Nissan V2G Concept Design
- 2009 MOY Concept by Elvis Tomljenovic
- Shell Unveils an Ultra Energy Efficient Car
- 2009 Kia Soul'ster Concept