View Poll Results: Should a post be deleted???

Voters
13. This poll is closed
  • Yes

4 30.77%
  • No

0 0%
  • Discuss, irrespective of subject being sensitive or not

9 69.23%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deletion of Posts, Poll n Discussion

Senior Member Array

Deletion of Posts, Poll n Discussion

Hi Guys,

Deletion of a post majorly occurs due to 2 issues.
    1. The matter being sensitive relating to religion, culture, etc.
    2. Content not being liked by a member or many.

I hope everybody agrees with the first one, but still I prefer it to be discussed before taking any action.

For second one, if a person does not like the content of a post as he/she thinks that it hurts his/her personal values or religious values, or any other reason, then it is not necessary that the other person also should not like it or view it, coz he/she might not think that way.

on my personal note, what I believe is if he/she does not like something, then nobody is forcing them to view or read that content. They can just avoid reading it.

If you think by not deleting or editing the content you are hurting the person, then it should also be considered that by deleting/editing you are hurting the person who posted.

So the question which arises is that should a post be deleted or not, or discuss about it before taking any action.

Please guys do vote and discuss what you think about it.

TOPIC LOCKED AND STICKY REMOVED BECAUSE PROBLEM WAS SOLVED [game_over]

Member Array
    can you please explain the third point????

Senior Member Array
    i personally think if its abt religion or culture and hurting some1 then it shud be edited.... and i dont think if the poster will be hurt.... i think its poster's duty to think for a while b4 posting...

and if the matter is controversial then we can discuss it... afterall we need to keep every member happy... but there shud b logic or valid reason if u dislike something on the basis of religion issues.... rite???

Senior Member Array
    which third point

Senior Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by sveetzara
    i personally think if its abt religion or culture and hurting some1 then it shud be edited.... and i dont think if the poster will be hurt.... i think its poster's duty to think for a while b4 posting...

and if the matter in controversial then we can discuss it... afterall we need to keep every member happy... but there shud b logic or valid reason if u dislike something on the basis of religion issues.... rite???
    irrespective of being religion or culture, the meaning differs according to the context one views it or presents it. I dont find any logic in thinking about every context before posting

ok I agree for instance that editing should be done, but to what extent it can be edited??

Senior Member Array
    i m not talking abt every context... but only those which u think can be sensitive.. i think religion is the most important issue that can be sensitve... and again u see, only jokes were deleted... so i think, avoid posting jokes on religions... yaar... kesey samjhaaun....

or kis extent tak edit kerna chahiye.. itna edit kerna chahiye k wo thread sab ko theek lagey.... i hope u got my point? lemme know if i m not making sense...

Member Array
    I agree with you Zara....

yes i agree that context is very important.

for example if some one makes fun of someone's religious act , then may be it is not acceptable for those religion followers. but if you start a serious discussion and ask questions about the same act , may be they would love to reply and explain.

Senior Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by sveetzara
    i m not talking abt every context... but only those which u think can be sensitive.. i think religion is the most important issue that can be sensitve... and again u see, only jokes were deleted... so i think, avoid posting jokes on religions... yaar... kesey samjhaaun....

or kis extent tak edit kerna chahiye.. itna edit kerna chahiye k wo thread sab ko theek lagey.... i hope u got my point? lemme know if i m not making sense...
    firstly, the discussion is not only about jokes and about the past, its for future.

second thing, the jokes which were deleted weren't religious at all, they were considered religious later, and you know that. the second one was not only a joke but also a sarcastic approach to the fact of today's living.

Senior Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by forumadmin
    yes i agree that context is very important.

for example if some one makes fun of someone's religious act , then may be it is not acceptable for those religion followers. but if you start a serious discussion and ask questions about the same act , may be they would love to reply and explain.
    yeah Admin I agree with you, instead of making allegations or being rude to others, reply and explain whats the case with that particular act or instance.

this would in fact help others better understand one's religion and who knows they might even respect other religions after that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information