A middle-aged woman has been confirmed to be the first patient having A/H1N1 flu in Alaska, health officials in the US state announced on Thursday. The woman, from the state's Fairbanks area, started to show flu-like symptoms about two weeks ago, the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services said in a statement.
State epidemiologists have contacted the patient to begin their investigation into where or how she may have contracted the virus and to learn who she may have been in contact with while she was contagious.
According to statistics by US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as of May 27, 7,927 confirmed and probable cases of A/H1N1 flu have been reported in 47 US states and the District of Columbia.
View more random threads:
- What is terrorism ?
- urdu - matloob: ishtihaar baraey awam-un-naas
- The role of Arab in Gaza war
- With Egypt, where is the UN?
- Prince Harry apologises for 'racist' remarks
- Goat Born With A Human Face
- New Delhi records the highest temperature...
- ImHalal, A search engine specially designed...
- 45 Life Lessons Written by a "90-Year-Old"...
- The Farce of Western Free Speech !!!