A man with a beard in the shape of a snowshoe was awarded the top prize during the the 2009 World Beard and Moustache Championships in Anchorage, Alaska.
David Traver, 43, of Anchorage, bested 140 facial hair-wearing competitors from around the globe to win the commemorative gold pan and salmon fishing trip reserved for the man with the world's coolest beard, the Anchorage Daily News reported Monday.
Traver's beard featured 20.5 inches of facial hair dyed multiple colors and woven by beard stylist Ledjha Carson into the shape of a snowshoe.
The beard champion, who also took home the top prize in the freestyle beard category, said he now plans to shave his face clean for charity. He said his beard will be shaved in the name of whoever makes the largest donation to Covenant House.
However, Traver said shaving doesn't mean he is done with facial hair.
"I'll probably grow a mustache," he said.
View more random threads:
- wiping of the map
- A/H1N1 flu cases rise in Argentina to 37
- Massive fire breaks out at National Paints...
- How the people feed the governments
- Woman's day
- Day of Prayer and Resistance - Islamabad
- Malala Yousaf is recovering after the...
- Fata lawmakers refuse body scanning in US,...
- How Wealth Reduces Compassion !!!
- Worst rains in Chennai - nidokidos_group