i am not with taleban , nor i am with cia. but i am here to present some facts..
1) during the era of taleban govt. in afghanistan , the Opium production in Afghanistan nearly stopped.
2) today Afghanistan is the number one country in opium production. do u know who is governing afghanistan today?????........ but americans are saying that even now taleban is involved in opium production.
is it a possibility that americans can also be involved in the trade of opium ?
lets see the history
In April 1998, Celerino Castillo, a former top-level Drug Enforcement Agency operative, provided sensitive, first-hand testimony to the US Senate House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. He told the Senators of his direct personal knowledge of massive CIA complicity in the drug trade.
Over two years later, the CIA admitted the reporter had been accurate when it was forced to disclose it had a "secret" arrangement with the US Justice Department. This agreement ensured that drug traffickers deemed to be "assets" or "contract employees" of the CIA would not be charged. The agreement had it roots in 1954, when the Justice Department agreed that the CIA, were free to decide if any illegal activities of its agents were subject to prosecution.
By the time the Vietnam War was in full swing, the CIA and its Vietnamese underlings were busily peddling huge amounts of Heroin from the Golden Triangle region of Southeast Asia. Historically, the French controlled the Opium trade in this part of the world. After WW11 it was agreed that members of the underworld would manage Opium smuggling on behalf of 2eme Bureau of French Military Intelligence. This was the top secret project known as Operation X, sanctioned at the highest levels. Raw opium was cultivated by the Hmong hill tribes and then trucked to Saigon. Here it was turned over to the Binh Xuyen bandits for distribution throughout the City. At this point, members of the Corsican underworld took their share of the drugs, shipping them to Marseilles and then to America. This smuggling route later became known as the "French Connection." Captain Savani of 2eme supervised the entire arrangement.
Years after the Vietnam War was over, the CIA remained the principal beneficiary of Heroin shipments from the Golden Triangle. This fact emerged during the latter part the 1980's by Colonel Bo Gritz. Possessing a truly remarkable daredevil record, Gritz is a legend in the Special Forces community. Sylvester Stallone modelled himself on Gritz in the gutsy Hollywood smash hit "First Blood."
View more random threads:
- Ukraine newly elected parlimment
- The curious tale of Pakistan-India...
- urdu - Hafiz Saeed ki Shahrukh Khan ko...
- [[M]]Stem Cell Therapy to cure Age Related...
- Korea Festival 2014
- New Acropolis Museum to be inaugurated on...
- High Profile Romance.....Bilawal Bhutto &...
- Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez has died..
- Violence Against Muslims
- Burning Quetta