Just days after Slumdog Millionaire child star Azharuddin lost his home in the BMC demolition drive, his co-star Rubina Ali found herself homeless as Railway authorities razed her shanty.
Rubina, 9, who played the young Latika in the multiple Oscar-winning film, and her family members were on the streets after their home in the Garib Nagar slum in Bandra was pulled down.
Ali's one-room shack was among several illegal dwellings demolished in a slum adjacent to railway tracks overlooking the posh Bandra suburb.
''I had gone to the market and when I came back they had razed my house. I donít know where I will we sleep,'' Rubina said. Authorities said such clearance drives are routinely carried out in order to protect the land from encroachments.
The authorites said they were unaware about the Slumdog Millionaire child star's house being among them.
View more random threads:
- Norway allows burkini swimsuits in city pools
- New Forms Of Explosive Favored By Terrorists
- Kashmir's festering wounds......
- May bushra farooqi rest in peace Aamin
- World's Highest-Resolution Projector
- Chintan Girish Modi offers snippets of a...
- Canadians argue over how to promote...
- Woman sets 4 1/2-hour craps record
- LN:-21-05-2009:-Voyages Of Discovery Or...
- World sceptical of Mubarak's speech