Confirmed cases of influenza A/H1N1 reached 16 in Chile, Chilean Health Minister Alvaro Erazo said on Wednesday, adding that all patients were receiving treatment and in good conditions.
Among the infections, 12 were linked to a student at the San Nicholas School in the capital Santiago. Three were women who arrived in Chile on Saturday from the Dominican Republic. There was also an isolated case at another Santiago educational institution.
"We are in the initial phase where there is, on one hand, the presence of travelers arriving with cases which are confirmed and on the other, groups of outbreaks in isolated communities," Erazo told reporters.
"So far, the initial phase allows us to say we are still in good shape to contain the outbreak," he added. Health authorities are still testing 11 samples from the port city of Valparaiso, and another from Linares in the south.
View more random threads:
- The friends of Pakistan
- From Tel Aviv to Islamabad
- pray for siachin army men.
- Share And Exchange Knowledge At New GPS...
- [[M]] Poll results prompt Iran protests
- Deadly earthquake hits Italy
- Natural disasters 'killed over 220,000' in...
- Today's Cartoon (The NAtion;Nawaiwaqt)
- The building in Karachi where 289 people...
- beautiful wall papers selected by rabia...