Authorities in Tennessee said a woman whose home was invaded by two men "fought them off" with a bowl of chili and a broom.
Capt. David Honeycutt of the Claiborne County Sheriff's Department said Wanda Bray, 58, discovered the two men in her home at 6 p.m. Tuesday and the pair demanded she hand over medication, the Knoxville (Tenn.) News Sentinel reported Tuesday.
"They probably got away with some blood pressure pills," Honeycutt said.
However, he said Bray did not react peacefully to being robbed.
"The woman fought them off," he said. "She threw a bowl of homemade chili and got after them with a broom."
Claiborne County Sheriff David Ray said authorities found a vehicle near the scene that had been used last week during a robbery at a Tiger Mart convenience store.
Fabian Moore, 32, and Tommy Wayne Garrett, 24, were charged in the home invasion as well as aggravated robbery for the Tiger Mart incident. Samuel Partin, 30, was arrested for allegedly serving as the getaway driver for the home invasion incident.
View more random threads:
- Happy new year in las vegas rabia iqbal...
- A house for Zardari !!!!
- Hina Rubbani Kher
- Shiv Sena blocks MNIK premiere in Mumbai
- Michael Jackson, `King of Pop,' dead at 50
- We condemn this terrorism
- Justice Iftikhar Ch. restored as Chief...
- LATEST NEWS!i think;) 16-05-2009 Part...
- Where else would the money go?
- LATEST NEWS!!!!!! i think;) 16-05-2009 Swine...