Published on Sun, May 17, 2009 at 14:01 IBN live
New Delhi: Liberation Tiger of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) chief V Prabhakaran could be dead with Sri Lankan army sources telling CNN-IBN that his body has been recovered and is being taken to an army camp in Colombo.
Sri Lankan army sources say they have recovered 150 bodies of LTTE cadres but the bodies are still being identified.
According to reports all civilians held hostage by the LTTE have now been freed from the battle zone.
The report comes even as the Lankan government announced it had captured the final stronghold of the LTTE, and that the top LTTE leadership may have committed mass suicide.
"I am proud to announce... that my government with the total commitment of our armed forces, has in an unprecedented humanitarian operation, finally defeated the LTTE militarily," said Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa.
View more random threads:
- Obama and Afghan Friendship
- John Mohammed Butt: The hippy who became an...
- Neil Armstrong Moon Landing Was Faked!!!
- Colombo committing war crimes attacking...
- White House lashes out at British papers
- HOW IT REALLY WENT ( UP AND DOWN)
- Tornado in Oklahoma
- Afghan refugees in Greece
- Burning Quetta
- Lion Hug