South Beach Diet
Among the most popular forms of dieting is the South Beach diet, developed by cardiologist Arthur Agatston of Miami, Florida.
The South Beach diet is always confused with Atkins Diet, which is a low-carbohydrate diet. The South Beach diet highlights the consumption of “good carbohydrates” (high in fiber) and low in glycemic index. The South Beach diet was developed for patients with heart problems to lose weight without risking ketosis. The weight loss was a side effect which turned out to be beneficial and this encouraged many people to try South Beach diet.
According to the South Beach diet theory, highly processed carbohydrates are quickly digested which makes insulin level to shoot up. Once the carbohydrates are all used up, your high insulin level makes you crave more for carb-filled foods.
Below is more information regarding the south beach diet
View more random threads:
- Two words that stop craving
- How to get rid of dark circles & puffy...
- LPG Cylinders (Safety First)
- 10 Tips On How To Look Younger
- Bollywood Beauty: Indian Inspired Makeup...
- Here are 20 important reminders for you!
- White Teeth
- 'Most lipsticks contain lead'
- Walk for Your Life
- Natural Homemade Face Masks