Thread: My Favourite Hollywood Actresses

Member Array
    My Favourite Hollywood Actresses

1. Michelle Lynn Monaghan was born on March 23, 1976, in Winthrop, Iowa. She is the youngest of three children and the only daughter of Sharon and Robert John Monaghan. After graduating from high school in Iowa, she studied journalism for three years at Chicago's Columbia College. In order to pay for college, she took a job as a model. In 1999, she quit college and moved to New York to work full-time as a fashion model. She traveled the world doing stints on the runways in Milan, Singapore, Tokyo, and Hong Kong, and also enjoyed appearances in a number magazines and catalogs.

In 2000, she made her TV debut in two episodes of "Young Americans" (2000), then appeared in "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999). She made her big screen debut with a small role of Henrietta in Perfume (2001). Monaghan shot to fame in 2002 when she co-starred as Kimberly Woods for one season on the TV series "Boston Public" (2000). After appearances in several supporting roles, she starred opposite Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer in the black comedy Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005). Later in 2005, Monaghan was filming in China, Italy, and the United States on Mission: Impossible III (2006), as the female lead opposite Tom Cruise.

In August of 2005, in Sydney, Australia, Michelle Monaghan married her long-time sweetheart, Peter White, a New York based graphic designer, whom she met at a Manhattan party five years earlier.

Pete White (August 2005 - present) 1 child

Grew up in the small town of Winthrop, near Cedar Rapids in northeast Iowa.

Studied journalism at Chicago's Columbia College.

She had scenes deleted from Constantine (2005) and Syriana (2005).

Moved to New York in 1999.

Is married to an Australian graphic designer Peter White.

Has two older brothers.

In Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005), she plays an actress who did a commercial for a beer called Genaro's. In Gone Baby Gone (2007) she plays a character named Angie Gennaro.

Michelle and her husband, Peter White, are expecting their first child, due in Fall, 2008 [June 2, 2008].

Gave birth to her first child, a girl named Willow Katherine, on November 5, 2008.

Personal Quotes
    "You don't grow up in a town of 700 thinking you're going to be an actress. I loved doing [school] plays, but it was just something to keep me busy."

"I don't really look like I do in any of my films."

Member Array
    2. Known for tough-chick roles, Mayte Michelle Rodriguez is proof that there is a cross between beauty and brawn. Born in Bexar County, Texas on July 12, 1978, Michelle always knew she was destined to become a star, she just didn't know how to get there. Michelle lived in Texas until the age of 8 when her family moved to the Dominican Republic where she lived for two years before moving to Puerto Rico. At 11, Michelle's family relocated for the last time to Jersey City, New Jersey. Although she has been working since 1999 as an extra in such films as Summer of Sam (1999) and Cradle Will Rock (1999), it only took a magazine ad announcing an open casting call in New York for Michelle to decide to finally step into the spotlight. The role was the female lead, the movie was Girlfight (2000). Despite the lack of experience in film and boxing, Michelle auditioned, along with another 350 girls. After various trials inside an actual boxing ring and five arduous months of training in Brooklyn's Gleason's Gym, she was finally chosen to portray the role of Diana Guzman. As soon as the independent film began making the rounds at various film festivals, Michelle began gaining critical acclaim for her performance earning her awards like the Deaxville Festival of American Cinema award for Best Actress and the Las Vegas Film Critics Society for Female Breakthrough Performance. As Girlfight (2000) continued to gain notoriety with its September 2000 release, Michelle was already hard at work with films like 3 A.M. (2001), the blockbuster hit The Fast and the Furious (2001), and Resident Evil (2002). With Hollywood calling her name, the future for this feisty Jersey girl is as strong as the punches she throws.

Was raised in Texas, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic and in Jersey City.

Is of Puerto Rican and Dominican descent.

She beat out 350 other girls for the role of Diana Guzman in Girlfight (2000).

Girlfight (2000) was her first acting audition, and she got the role. The Fast and the Furious (2001) was her second audition, and she also got that role.

Is an avid in-line skater.

Didn't have a driver's license before filming The Fast and the Furious (2001) and had to obtain one during her training for the car chase sequences.

Plays the piano.

Has two half-sisters on her father's side.

Has two older twin brothers named Raul and Omar.

Dropped out of high school at 17, but she went back and graduated via an equivalency diploma.

Ranked #77 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002).

Ranked #34 in Maxim's "100 Sexiest Women" (2002).

It was announced in 2005 that she would be joining the second season cast of the hit ABC drama "Lost" (2004).

She was the original choice for the title role in Æon Flux (2005).

When interviewed to join the cast of "Lost" (2004) as a tough LAPD cop, she insisted that she would only sign on for one year because she is a "nomadic spirit". The producers came up with a story line and sold the idea of the short contract to the network.

Is often seen singing karaoke alongside Lindsay Lohan, Bo Barrett, Emile Hirsch, Kellan Rhude, and Nicole Richie at Beverly Hills hot spot "Guys" .

Personal Quotes
    I think empathy is a beautiful thing. I think that's the power of film though. We have one of the most powerful, one of the greatest communicative tools known to man. It's a form of communication and it's gonna reach you in a way of growth- most of the time.

I don't want people thinking of me sexually. I don't want people to be like, 'She's hot-looking,' you know? I want them to listen to me for what I am saying. And I think the best way to do that is to sniff my armpits, and like, sit and burp every now and then. It just completely throws people off. I had a couple of offers to do some hot scenes in the shower with some guy and to make it real hot and sexy. The next thing you know, I'd be the next J.Lo or something. But that's easy. I want [success] the hard way.

My favorite part of my body is my brain. I think no matter what my body looks like I wont be satisfied unless I know how to use it.

I don't think it's narcissistic at all to love yourself and believe in yourself. I think some people are really scared to do that. I have to. If I don't, I would not succeed in what I do.

No matter what, people are so narrow minded that it won't ever be Michelle Rodriguez the actress, it will always be Michelle Rodriguez the Latin actress. And it's just something that I have to live with, because of the fact that people need labels to understand things. I can't even get into this ignorance that I'm dealing with. So I just ignore it, you know? Ignore the ignorance.

[on why she always plays the "tough girl"]: Well, could you really imagine me playing the girlfriend that needs rescuing? Or the girlfriend?

Member Array
    3. Raven-haired beauty Jordana Brewster was born in Panama City, Panama on April 26, 1980. She was raised in London, England up until the age of six. At this time, her family decided to move back to their native Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Here, they would stay for the next 4 years. Jordana learned to speak fluent Portuguese during her 4 year stay in Rio de Janeiro. At the age of ten, Jordana's family decided to move again, only this time they would relocate to Manhattan. It was here where Jordana studied at Sacred Heart, an all-girl Catholic school before moving on to the New York Professional Children's School. It was in her teens that Jordana began to make a name for herself by appearing two of daytime television's longest-running soap operas, "All My Children" (1970) and "As the World Turns" (1956), where she played the role of "Nikki Munson" for three years. Jordana also went on to co-star in the NBC mini-series The '60s (1999) (TV). The year 1998 marked her big-screen debut as "Delilah Profitt" in the teen-driven film, The Faculty (199. However, it was her role as "Mia Toretto" in the blockbuster hit The Fast and the Furious (2001) that led her to reach Hollywood stardom. Despite her success, Jordana continued to attend Yale University, in the class of 2003.

Andrew Form (6 May 2007 - present)

Has a cat named Delilah, after her movie character in The Faculty (199.

Family: grandfather is "Kingman Brewster", former President of Yale University. Her mother is Maria João, the former "Sports Illustrated" swimsuit model from Brazil. Father is an investment banker. She has a younger sister named Isabella. Her grandfathers were ambassadors to Great Britain.

Dated Mark Wahlberg. [2000-June 2001]

Didn't have a driver's license when she received driving lessons for The Fast and the Furious (2001).

Ranked #96 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women In The World" (2002)

Father is an investment banker.

Spent early years of her childhood in London.

Speaks fluent Portuguese.

Named #54 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.

Named #59 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2006 list.

After dating for a year, she became engaged to movie producer, Andrew Form (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning (2006)), on November 4, 2006.

Was given the 8th place in The Hot 100 List (June 2007).

Dated Derek Jeter (2001).

Dated Mark McGrath (2003-2004).

Graduated from Yale University with a bachelor's degree in English.

Is a self-confessed bad driver.

Has two Labradors: a yellow one named "Ella" and a white one named "Hendry".

Personal Quotes
    "When I signed for "As the World Turns" (1956) [a three-year stint beginning when she was 15], I had to promise my mom that it wouldn't hurt my grades and my dad that I would go to college. Acting kept me out of trouble. I had to go to CBS at 7 a.m., so I didn't have any time to fool around".

You're at home, your parents are watching what you're doing, your friends are probably a little narrow-minded, or it's cliquey and kids are really mean to each other. So, as soon as you have that independence, you can just explore who you are.

I went to an all-girls school and then I started working when I was fifteen, so I'm not very socially apt when it comes to dating.

I just can't imagine dating a 20-year-old boy.

"I feel like directing is an innate talent."

"I think escapism is really important."

On her engagement: "It wasn't a total surprise, but it was very spontaneous. It's going to be a pretty small destination wedding -- next November."

Member Array
    4. Megan Denise Fox was born May 16, 1986 in Tennessee. She has one older sister. Megan began her training in drama and dance at the age of 5 and, at the age of 10, moved to Florida where she continued her training and finished school. She now lives in Los Angeles. Megan began acting and modeling at the age of 13 after winning several awards at the 1999 American Modeling and Talent Convention in Hilton Head, South Carolina. Megan made her film debut as "Brianna Wallace" in the Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen movie, Holiday in the Sun (2001) (V).

Named #68 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).

Ranked #18 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.

She has Irish, French and Cherokee ancestry.

Is friends with Jennifer Blanc, Kellan Rhude, Amanda Seyfried, and Michael Biehn.

Ranked #17 on interview magazines Hollywood faces to watch "Future Stars of Tomorrow".

She was voted #1 sexiest woman by FHM readers for 2008.

Ranked #16 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.

Is both a fan of comic books and video games. Her favorite artist is the recently deceased Michael Turner.

Is a huge fan of animals and has owned dogs, cats, birds, squirrels and a pig.

Names Shia LaBeouf as one of her favorite people ever.

Was ranked #1 on Moviefone's 'The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25'(200.

Megan and Brian Austin Green have called off their engagement. They have been dating since 2004 [February 24, 2009].

She and Brian Austin Green got back together in April 2009.

Personal Quotes
    Michael Bay's name, if it's attached to a script, you know it's going to be a huge blockbuster released in the summer, with jets flying over at the premiere and all that kind of stuff. So, I knew it was going to be a huge movie.- On working with Michael Bay

Member Array
    5. Catherine Zeta-Jones was born on 25 September 1969, in Swansea, West Glamorgan, Wales, UK, the daughter of Dai Jones, who formerly worked for a candy factory, and Pat Jones. Her brother David Jones (b. 1967) is a development executive and brother Lyndon Jones (b.1972) works at her production company. Catherine showed an interest early on in entertainment. She starred on stage in "Annie", "Bugsy Malone" and "The Pajama Game". At 15 she had the lead in the British revival of "42nd Street". She was originally cast as the second understudy for the lead role in the musical but when the star and first understudy became sick the night the play's producer was in the audience, she was given the lead for the rest of the musical's production. She first made a name for herself in the early 1990s when she starred in the Yorkshire Television comedy/drama series "The Darling Buds of May" (1991). The show was a smash hit and made her one of the United Kingdom's most popular television actresses. She subsequently played supporting roles in several films including Christopher Columbus: The Discovery (1992), the miniseries Catherine the Great (1995) (TV) and a larger part as the seductive Sala in The Phantom (1996) before landing her breakthrough role playing the fiery Elena opposite Anthony Hopkins and Antonio Banderas in The Mask of Zorro (199. She starred in many big-budget blockbusters like Entrapment (1999), The Haunting (1999) and Traffic (2000), for which many believed she was robbed of an Oscar nomination for best supporting actress. In November 2000 she married actor Michael Douglas. She gave birth to their son Dylan Michael in August 2000.

Michael Douglas (18 November 2000 - present) 2 children

Is a trained singer and dancer.

Her father was the manager of a candy factory.

Became engaged to Michael Douglas in Aspen, Colorado. [31 December 1999]

Chosen one of 1998's Most Beautiful People by People Magazine.

Her first child with fiance Michael Douglas, a boy named Dylan Michael was born on 8 August 2000 about 6 p.m. at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. The baby weighed in at 7 pounds and seven ounces and measured 21-1/2 inches.

Sister of David A. Jones, an executive at Initial Entertainment group, the company that co-financed Traffic (2000).

Named after her grandmothers: Catherine Fair on her mother's side, and Zeta Jones on her fathers.

Catherine and husband Michael Douglas share the same birthday, 25 years apart. He was born 25 September 1944; she was born 25 September 1969.

Daughter-in-law of Kirk Douglas and Diana Douglas.

Stepmother of Cameron Douglas.

Sister-in-law of Joel Douglas, Peter Douglas and the late Eric Douglas.

Her character in Traffic (2000) was changed to a pregnant woman, because Zeta-Jones herself was pregnant at the time with her son, Dylan.

Speaks Welsh fluently.

Measurements: 34C-25-36. (Source: Celebrity Sleuth magazine).

Mother is Irish, father is Welsh.

She portrayed Palene, the beautiful Thracian prophetess and woman of Spartacus, in Jeff Wayne's 1992 musical version of "Spartacus." The role of Spartacus was played by her future father-in-law, Kirk Douglas, in Stanley Kubrick's motion picture Spartacus (1960).

In the June 1998 of Yahoo! Internet magazine, she was listed as the number one actress being searched on Yahoo!.

Gave birth to her first daughter, named Carys Zeta Douglas, early Easter morning in New Jersey (April 20, 2003).

A traditional Welsh choir sang at her wedding.

Her wedding ring includes a Celtic motif and was bought in a Welsh town called Aberystwyth.

Hired as the spokeswoman for T-Mobile cellular communications [2003]

As a child, she was exposed to a virus that gave her breathing difficulties. This required a tracheotomy surgery, which ultimately left a surgical scar on her neck.

Is an avid fan of musicals, paticularly the ones she saw as a child: Mary Poppins (1964) and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (196.

Thursday December 11 2003 she was a hostess, together with husband Michael Douglas, at the 2003 annual Nobel Peace Price Concert in Oslo Spectrum in Oslo, Norway.

Ocean's Twelve (2004) reunited her with previous colleagues Steven Soderbergh, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts and Don Cheadle.

She is a spokesperson for Elizabeth Arden Cosmetics.

Was born in Swansea but grew up in the small seaside town of Mumbles in Wales.

Her production company is Milkwood Films, named after the play "Under Milkwood" by Welsh writer Dylan Thomas. She and Thomas are both from the same Welsh town, Swansea.

Her friend, singer Bonnie Tyler, sang at her wedding. Both Zeta-Jones and Tyler come from the same region of Wales.

She released the singles "For All Time" in 1989, "In the Arms of Love" and "I Can't Help Myself" in 1995 and a duet with David Essex, "True Love Ways", which was her only chart single. It appeared at #38 in the UK Top 75 singles chart in 1994.

Ranked #50 on VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties

In addition to Michael Douglas, she also shares a birthday with Will Smith, Heather Locklear, Barbara Walters, Michael Madsen and the late Christopher Reeve.

21 October 2004 - Filed lawsuit against the Spice House, "Reno's Friendliest Topless Cabaret" for the unauthorized use of her photo on its website.

On an awards show, speaking of her role of Velma Kelly in the movie Chicago (2002), she stated that while it was as exciting, it was almost as painful as giving birth to her son.

In 1992 the Columbia single 'For All Time' peaked at #36 in the UK charts; In 1995 she spent a week on the UK chart at #72 with 'In the Arms of Love'.

Ranked as #68 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)

Named #82 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).

Was once engaged to Angus Macfadyen.

Was considered for the role of Jane Smith in Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005).

Was originally approached to play "Roxie" in Chicago, but wanted to play Velma Kelly because of the song "All That Jazz". Renee Zellwegger ended up winning the role of Roxie.

In 2004, she began a two year $20 million contract to endorse T-Mobile.

Turned down the role of Claudia Nardi in the musical Nine (2009). Nicole Kidman was later given the part.

Personal Quotes
    "I used to go around looking as frumpy as possible because it was inconceivable you could be attractive as well as be smart. It wasn't until I started being myself, the way I like to turn out to meet people, that I started to get any work."

"I like women who look like women. I hated grunge. No one's more feminist than me, but you don't have to look as if you don't give a - you know. You can be smart, bright, and attractive aesthetically to others - and to yourself."

"In Wales it's brilliant. I go to the pub and see everybody who I went to school with. And everybody goes "So what you doing now?" And I go, "Oh, I'm doing a film with Antonio Banderas and Anthony Hopkins." And they go, "Ooh, good." And that's it."

After Scottish actor Sean Connery presented her with the Oscar: "A Scotsman giving a Welsh girl an Oscar - oh my God!"

"After Zorro, people spoke Spanish to me for ages. I'm Welsh but that movie instantly gave me a new ethnicity."

"For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end."

[On her duel/strip scene from "The Mask of Zorro"]: "I kept thinking 'Thank God I have long hair in this movie'."

"This film holds a lot of meaning to me, both professionally and personally. I actually met my husband when I was promoting the film in Deauville, France, and it was such an amazing time for me, being completely unknown, really, in America or in Mexico, where I shot the first one. It's a very important film for me and it's very close to my heart." [on 'Mask of Zorro, The']

"I wish I was born in that era: dancing with Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly, going to work at the studio dressed in beautiful pants, head scarves, and sunglasses."

"Did I want this role? That's like saying did I want to wake up in the morning wanting to breath!" on landing the part of Velma Kelly in Chicago.

"I do think I'm lucky I met Michael. Not just Michael Douglas the actor and producer with two Oscars on the shelf, but Michael Douglas, the love of my life. I really do think it was meant to happen."

I like to feel sexy. I know my husband thinks I'm sexy. I think he is too. But I don't go out half-naked with 'sex' written across my back.

Humor and that wonderful word called 'charisma.' You cannot translate it. I can't nail it on the head, other than to just say that I'm completely over the top about my husband. - on what makes a man irresistible.

Yes, I was in love with my husband at first sight and still am. We have the most solid relationship.

"I don't go into the triple-X sites. I'm certainly not going to pay money to see myself naked, when I can just go into the bathroom and whip it off for free." -speaking on the Internet and its fascination with celebrities and porno

I'm more insecure than I ever let anyone know, sometimes you protect yourself with this kind of armor that people see more than they see you.

Member Array
    6. Tara D. Reid was born in Wyckoff, New Jersey, USA on November 8, 1975. She got her career start at six, when she appeared on a children's game show called "Child's Play" (1982). Later, she appeared in commercials for Jell-O, McDonald's, and Crayola. She attended the Professional Children's School in New York City. Her classmates included Sarah Michelle Gellar, Jerry O'Connell, Macaulay Culkin, and Ben Taylor. After several career moves, she became known after her role as Bunny, in The Big Lebowski (199.

Trade Mark
    Deep, raspy voice

Grew up in Wyckoff, New Jersey.

Her brother, Tommy Reid, is also in the entertainment industry and has his own production company.

Dated (and was engaged to) Carson Daly [2000 - 2001]

Auditioned for the role of Mary Jane in Spider-Man (2002).

First person to appear on multiple covers of "Maxim" magazine

Has her own production company called 'Hi Happy Films'

Tara Reid suffered from a brief bout of anorexia nervosa following her upsetting and traumatic breakup with MTV DJ Carson Daly (they had been engaged). This coincided with the filming of American Pie 2 (2001), which is why Ms. Reid appeared gaunt in several scenes (primarily those that were reshoots), as well as at the premiere of the film. Her illness ended in late 2001, when she began filming National Lampoon's Van Wilder (2002).

Her brother Patrick runs a clothing store "Patrick Reid" located in Santa Monica, California. Tara serves as fashion consultant.

Dating Baltimore Ravens starting quarterback Kyle Boller.

Was New England Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady's guest at the opening game of the 2002 NFL Season.

Ranked #49 in Stuff magazine's "102 Sexiest Women in the World" (2002).

Is a Philadelphia Eagles fan.

Of Irish, Italian, French, Hungarian, and English descent.

Originally, she was to play a part in the film Valentine (2001), but the film switched companies from Artisan to Warner Brothers and Tara was replaced by Marley Shelton.

Good friends with Paris Hilton

Was once considered as Hollywood's ultimate Party girl.

Along with Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, Nicky Hilton, Bijou Phillips, Kimberly Stewart, Lindsay Lohan & Kimberly Kardashian, she is one of Hollywood's most famous party girls.

Went to high school with Constantine Maroulis from American Idol, finalist from American Idol - Season 4

Had a dog named Tequilla

Sister of Colleen Reid.

Named #43 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)

Was featured as #4 in Maxim Magazine's "Hot 100 of 2002" supplement. (2002)

Fan of Chelsea FC (England soccer club).

Personal Quotes
    "If Carson was an actor, he'd understand why I have to be away on sets and that if I have to kiss another guy in a movie, I do it. He'd read the tabloids that I was with Ashton Kutcher, but that was a bunch of bull. Then, I started reading he was with a stripper, and that wasn't true. You start tripping on each other for no reason. It makes you crazy." - about part of why she and ex-fiancé MTV VJ Carson Daly split up.

Slasher movies are fun. You watch yourself get chopped to pieces, yet you're still alive. You see the blood on the ax and think, Holy **it, this is sick, but you kind of get over your fear of death.

It would be the ultimate dream for me to win an Academy Award, be in love and have kids. Then I would say, 'Life is great! I have done everything I wanted.' I keep trying to get closer to that. I also think when that happens, people will finally leave me alone.

Once you get to know me, you would know in a second that I am an East Coast girl. You can tell because I'm not flaky, and I will tell you how it is. I also walk faster than they walk in L.A.

People think I am America's party girl, which is just stupid. I have done 24 movies and I am creating my own TV show.

I think the reason I never ended up in as much trouble as Paris or Lindsay seem to is that I'm not stupid, so I'd never do a lot of the things those girls do, and I've always had good friends around me. They need to straighten up a little bit and make better investments. And they should surround themselves with better people who don't let them get themselves in trouble. You'll never read a story about me going out and partying when I'm supposed to be working. Nor would I show up on a set drunk or miss a day's work - never.

I wish all the mean people, if you want to be mean to each other, just buy a country together and blow each other up. Then we'd have no terrorists left. Like, don't kill innocent people for no reason. It's not fair. We love everybody. We'd even like them if they said they're sorry. It's not fair that innocent people are getting hurt. It makes me sad."

I like when a guy makes me feel like a woman and a little girl at the same time.

I like a guy who uses his hips when he's dancing. You know you're in for good sex if a guy uses those on the dance floor.

Member Array
    7. Nathalie Kelley was born in Lima, Peru in 1985.

Kelley might have been raised in Peru if her French-born mother hadn't divorced her Argentine father and married an Irishman who brought the family to Australia.

She was raised and educated in Sydney's North Sydney Girls High School, the same school as Nicole Kidman.

The young actor, who has been torn between show business and an academic life, says she never met Kidman but the 38-year-old superstar has been a long-time inspiration.

When she was 16 she became a salsa dancer which helped her get the money to finish education. Also "The Miss Latin America competition" earned for her a much-needed $1000 and the next thing she took a year off and went to Brazil.

The things Kelley saw there prompted her to shun show business and come home to launch herself into a social science degree.

Kelley was three years into the degree when she came back into the performing fold to take the title role for the Aaron Spelling-produced TV pilot Mermaid.

She determined to finish her course one day and even to go on to do a PhD, but in the meantime she often feel torn between two worlds.

Kelley went to Los Angeles and told agents she wanted to be in the sort of films she had grown up with mainly serious art-house productions, but was warned that such single-mindedness would send her broke.

And in the end she opted for The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) because the character of Neela in the film is such a strong individual. She's not simply a trophy girlfriend who is a pushover for the first attractive Anglo-Saxon boy who comes along.

While director Justin Lin is on the record as saying Kelley is one of those irresistible stars whose presence demands we watch her on the big screen, she was more preoccupied with the driving.

Kelley, who had only recently earned her driver's license and had only driven automatics, had a huge learning curve when it came to using a gear lever, timing, braking and understanding the art of drifting.

She has done much volunteer work, for example working with Aborigines in the suburb of Redfern, one of the lower socio-economic areas of the Australian city of Sydney.

Born in Lima, Peru in 1985, but was raised in Sydney, Australia.

She attended the same high school as Nicole Kidman: "North Sydney Girls High School", in Sydney, Australia.

Classmate of Thea Gumbert.

Favorite musical artist is hip hop rapper Lloyd Banks.

Her mother is Peruvian and her father is from Argentina.

Member Array
    Bhubaneswar, India, India

Thread Information