Thread: Everyone has a child in them

Member Array

Everyone has a child in them

“Everyone has a child in them!”

“Everyone has a child in them!” is an oft-heard sentence. That statement has far more depth than we realise. The inner child is a fundamental part of our subconscious psyche. Emotional experiences and memories stored in our brain from the earliest memory. Our intuitive intelligence, joy, natural self-expression and an overall sense of well-being dwells in the inner child. The child is free-spirited, sensitive, creative, fun, joyful, humorous.

As counselling psychologist, has done considerable work on healing inner child as well as holding workshops on the subject, “I felt free racing barefoot on the streets in the hot summer sun. Playing on the front porch with my friend while listening to the adult chatter around us, gave me a secure feeling of doing my own thing while being in the midst of others.”

The little child in us desired to be loved, cared and nurtured. Sometimes, these needs were not met, and therefore the inner child remains unfulfilled, unable to integrate itself into its adult self, still pining for healing and wholeness.

When I began my journey into the inner child this is what I imagined. I enter into my chest looking for a child. I see dark clouds all over with no sign of a child. As I look around I see a door. I open the door and enter an empty room. There is another door in that room. I open this too and enter into another smaller empty room. I keep opening doors and entering into smaller rooms. By now I seem to have entered deep into the recesses of my heart, with no sign of a child. As I am about to turn back I realise that this particular room is unusually dark and small. As I grope my way further, I come across a small figure sitting in a dark corner. It is sitting on the floor with its head resting on its knees and its arms wrapped around its legs. It is scared and crying. I bend down and touch it lightly on the shoulder. It looks up, frightened. It’s a face I will never forget. It is me as a three-year-old frozen in time.

Member Array
    my inner child is ready to play now.

Member Array
    looool.

Thread Information