2010 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG to Debut at New York Auto Show
The New York Auto Show is always an important venue for Mercedes-Benz, which is really no surprise considering the prevalence of black S-Classes that roam the streets of the Big Apple.
With this in mind, Mercedes always manages to unveil something in NY that is not only important, but incredibly cool. This year it will be the 2010 E63 AMG, the high performance sibling of the E-Class.
Power increases just 11 ponies to 525hp and torque sits at an impressive 465 ft-lbs. The gains have been made on the same 6.2-liter V8 engine found in the previous model.
According to the report on WorldCarFans from German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, the 2010 E63 will get suspension modifications, a slightly wider track and a rear air suspension. Eighteen-inch wheels are standard equipment with large AMG brakes.
With the minimal power increase we do expect to see a noticeably lighter curb weight. Itís also entirely possible that the new E63 could feature direct-injection technology, which can not only be credited for the power increase but would also significantly reduce fuel consumption.
View more random threads:
- 2009 ASI Bentley Continental Flying Spur
- 2009 Carlsson Mercedes-Benz E-Class
- 2011 Wheelsandmore Maserati GranTurismo...
- 2012 Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition
- 2009 Wheelsandmore Mercedes-Benz SL-Maxx
- 2011 Wheelsandmore Maserati Quattroporte...
- 2016 Cadillac CT6 - Official Promo
- Carlsson Aigner CK65 RS Blanchimont
- 2009 Hamann Imperator based on Bentley...
- 2009 ASI Bentley Continental GT