Updated : Tuesday March 31 , 2009 12:57:22 PM
ISLAMABAD (Rashid Habib/Zahid Mishwani): A five-member larger bench of the Supreme Court Tuesday granted stay order on an earlier decision of the apex court, in which Mian Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif were disqualified from holding public office.
The apex court larger bench, comprising of Justice Tassaduq Hussain Jillani, Justice Nasirul Mulk, Justice Mohammad Moosa K Leghari, Justice Sheikh Hakim Ali and Justice Sabihuddin Ahmed.
The court verdict restored Shahbaz Sharif led government in Punjab. In its unanimous decision the bench allowed Shahbaz to remain the member of Punjab Assembly and to hold the office of Chief Minister of Punjab.
A large number of PML-N workers gathered outside the Supreme Court and chanted slogans in favor of Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif as the court announced its decision.
View more random threads:
- طالبان کا امریکی فوجی اڈے پر حملہ -...
- Noam Chomsky decimates Bill Maher's view on...
- Make Earth Hour Happen in Your Town
- Chinese company to test world's first...
- Tornadoes Strike in Oklahoma
- Kolkata Tragedy
- Palestinian teenager shot by Israeli troops...
- Twenty-First-Century Colonialism in Iraq
- Wife Carrying Competition, Finland
- Germany Headscarf Martyr Egypt mourns...