Food garnishing is an art - one that you can master.
With the help of these step by step instructions, you'll be able to make an edible butterfly to garnish your dish.
Things You'll Need:
* 1 radish
* Fruit carving tools and thai knife
Be careful when handling sharp object, cut in a direction away from yourself if at all possible.
1. Cut a slice from a green radish, but do not cut it off completely.
2. Cut off a second thin slice next to it.
They should be attached at the base.
Cut them away without separating them.
These are butterfly wings.
3. Join wings together and cut a small piece off of the base.
It should be enough to flatten that edge, but the wings need to remain attached to each other.
If you cut off too much, they will separate.
4. Make the antennae.
Trace the edge on the right side of the circle (when the base is at the bottom).
Remove a sliver next to the line you just cut.
The antennae are ready.
5. Cut a wing shape as shown.
6. Carve out a pattern onto the wings
Circles can be tricky...
7. Open the wings up.
This is the end product.