New Delhi: A team of medicos led by Delhi-based Ashok Rajgopal claimed to have set a new record by performing 24 knee replacement surgeries in a day, an official said on Thursday.
Rajgopal, director of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement at Fortis hospital, Vasant Kunj, along with his team of doctors and paramedics, performed the surgeries on March 24.
The hospital claimed it to be a "world record."
"We started at 7.00 am and finished the last surgery at 3.45 pm. All the patients are perfectly fit and will be discharged by Sunday," Rajgopal said.
"Our approach was focussed like a cricketer. The surgeries took place in two operation theatres and everyone of us enjoyed it though it became tiring towards the end," he added.
Knee replacement surgery is conducted on patients with severe arthritis and requires skilled doctors.
"Recent advancements in the area of knee replacement surgery have made it possible to selectively replace only the diseased half of the knee joint. Due to the minimal disturbance to soft tissues, the patient's hospital stay gets reduced and post operative pain is also greatly minimised," Rajgopal added.
View more random threads:
- Some Nokia chargers defective, will be...
- Magic's Biggest Secrets Revealed Video
- Abu Azmi slapped by MNS MLA for taking oath...
- The war racket in the Middle East serves the...
- President of India DR APJ Abdul Kalam's...
- Olympics decision stuns Chicago crowd....
- PM Manmohan Singh Resigns!
- A letter from Dr Aafia Siddiqui
- UK Egyptians protest for Peace in Egypt