Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restoration of chief justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Choudhary

Restoration of chief justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Choudhary

Pakistani gov't has agreed to restore the deposed Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry soon.
    ·Pakistani PM is expected to announce restoration of the deposed chief justice through an executive order.
    ·The decision came the same day when "long march" led by Sharif is due to arrive in Islamabad for sit-in.

ISLAMABAD, March 16 (Xinhua) -- Pakistani Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani announced restoration of all deposed judges including Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry Monday morning in a bid to end political turmoil in the country.

"My countrymen, in accordance with my commitment and the commitment made by the President of Pakistan, I declare reinstatement of Mr. Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry and all other deposed judges on their positions," the prime minister said in a televised address.

"On March 21, on the retirement of the incumbent Chief Justice Abdul Hameed Dogar, Mr. Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry will assume the office of the Chief Justice," he said.

Gilani said that a notification is being issued shortly.

The decision came after a high-level meeting in the President House Sunday night and early Monday.

A large number of political activists and lawyers rushed to the residence of the former chief justice to celebrate his restoration.

The government's decision came the same day when former prime minister and opposition party chief Nawaz Sharif is due to lead the "long march" procession towards Islamabad to press for the government to restore the deposed chief justice.

Sharif, chief of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), spearheaded the procession from eastern city of Lahore to Islamabad after defying a detention order by the local administration.

The lawyers and political activists kicked off their "long march" on March 12.

The government has imposed restrictions over the demonstrations, arresting many lawyers and activists to stop them from entering Islamabad.

Gilani has demanded in his speech the immediate release of all political activists and lawyers who have been arrested over the past few days. He also announced end to a ban on political activities.

Some 60 Supreme Court and High Courts judges were sacked in November 2007 when then-President Pervez Musharraf declared a state of emergency. Some of them took fresh oath of office while others including sacked Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry are yet to be restored.

excellent....

Senior Member Array
    yahooooooooooooooooo... i m so happy... i wish i cud break this news here first of all... but cudnt do so due to prob in my network connection....

i just cant express my happiness in words... jiyo insaf sey.... it seems we got a new country, new life to live.... and may it flourish day by day... mei shukraney k nafal perhun gi.... hats off to lawyers, an all others political parties who supported this movement.... God bless my Pakistan forever... ameen.... another good news after 1947...

hahahahaha...zara aap bhi naa...
    God bless u more much more then u like pakistan....

Senior Member Array
    thanx...

mmmm... i love pakistan...

InshaAllah this will ensure , that no one can break the laws again as in past Military dictators have done.

yea u r rite admin, not only us, but all the population of Pakistan wants justice in the country and he is the one who will do it with the help of God inshallah....

Senior Member Array
    i just love him... after quaid-e-azam he is the most just and fair person in our country.... and 2day its proved that only the lawyers can make this country worth living..... Quiad was also a lawyer....

yea i am agree wid u n this point...

Senior Member Array
    i will love to slaute all of them... jiyoooo.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information