Bob Ross's Lanscape Oil Painting
With his calm, patient nature, Ross came to prominence as the creator and host of The Joy of Painting, a long-running television program on public broadcast stations in the United States.Ross died of lymphoma at the age of 52.
Ross utilized the wet-on-wet oil painting technique, in which the painter continues adding paint on top of still wet paint rather than waiting a lengthy amount of time to allow each layer of paint to dry. Combining this method with the use of large painting knives and fan brushes allowed Ross to paint trees, water, clouds and mountains in a matter of seconds. Each painting would start with simple strokes that appeared to be nothing more than colored smudges. As he added more and more strokes, the blotches transformed into intricate landscapes.
View more random threads:
- Beautiful painting by Rabia Iqbal Rabi
- AMAZING WALL PAINTINGS
- Awesome Body Painting
- ARTFUL REALITY POSES OF LIFE BY ARTIST RON...
- My Graph PAper ART.. BY MY OWN IDEA..
- Toothpick Art
- The art of decorating gardens
- The Perks Of Living Alone
- [[M**Legandary collection]] Leaonardo da...
- Thomas Kincade Painter of light-SUPERB !!!