Confidence is visible in the way we walk, talk and act around other people.
Confident people attract more friends, business opportunities and lovers so it is important to look confident even when you don't feel that way.
If you are interested in looking more confident, these are the first steps in the process.
1. Give yourself a talking to: Where is your confidence? If you aren't feeling confident you will need to fake it so spend a few minutes figuring out where your natural confidence is hiding. Are you hiding behind your weight? Or a gap in your smile? Whatever it is that has sapped your confidence, it's time to have a chat with yourself. Remind the person in the mirror that confidence is appealing and you have everything it takes to look confident wherever you go.
2. Wear clothes that fit: Give your confidence a boost from a well-fitting wardrobe. Slouchy or too-tight clothing sap your confidence and make that lack obvious to everyone you meet. Make the choice to look your best with great fitting clothes. The increase to your self-esteem will help your confidence show through.
3. Walk tall and with purpose: Confident people don't slouch, drag their feet or wander aimlessly. A strong and erect posture announces confidence and security. Use that posture to your benefit and walk with a purpose in mind. Having a strong stride, looking like you have a destination in mind shows confidence.
4. Look people you meet in the eye: One sure sign of a lack of self-assurance and confidence is to avoid meeting someone's eye. Choose the more direct approach of meeting everyone you meet on equal footing. Look them in the eye when they speak to you. If you catch your eyes wandering to the floor or avoiding the people near you, it's time to focus. Pay attention and show that attention by looking everyone in the eye.
5. Relax and smile: Confidence doesn't have to stress you out or keep your body tense. The tension might distract people from seeing your new confidence. When you are ready to believe in yourself and meet others on equal footing feel free to relax. Take a breath and then smile. A relaxed smile attracts even the most self-conscious so have faith that your confident smile will inspire confidence in many of the people you encounter.
Within a few days of looking confident you might find yourself feeling the confidence you didn't know you felt.
By following these steps you will be able to look more confident and share that confidence with the world around you.