Thread: Make a Home Made Face Mask to Combat Oily Skin

Make a Home Made Face Mask to Combat Oily Skin

Make a Home Made Face Mask to Combat Oily Skin
    When I was a teenager I had very oily skin, and hence acne outbreaks were not at all an uncommon thing. Even now as an adult I still have problems with areas of my face being quite oily. This can be a very irritating thing as it can cause make-up to melt, your skin to look shiny and can make acne a very real thing even for those of us far past the age where we should have to worry about such things. My mother actually taught me about an all natural face mask that you can create from something you probably already have in your home and it does what any of those expensive face masks that you see in all the boutiques do without the high cost.

Here are directions for how to create an all natural face mask that you can use once a week to help keep oily skin and the problems it can cause at bay

Step1
    Purchase a pack of three or four yeast packages. Thatís right, Iím talking about the yeast you use to make bread rise.
    Step2
    Tie your hair up and away from your face.
    Step3
    Empty one packet of yeast and then add just enough warm water to make a paste in a small bowl. If you canít make enough paste to cover your face with one packet then add a second packet and additional water.
    Step4
    Apply the paste to your entire face, avoiding the areas around your eyes and lips.
    Step5
    Allow the paste to harden. The interesting thing is you will feel the paste drawing the oils out of your pores, and believe me if you have really oily skin, it feels good.
    Step6
    The mask should harden in about fifteen to twenty minutes. Once it is done, take a washrag that has been soaked in warm water and use it to loosen up and moisten the dried mask until you can wash it all off. You should notice a huge change in the condition of your skin, and it can also help to remove black heads because the mask helps to loosen and pull this hardened gunk out of your blocked pores.

Tips & Warnings

* When making the paste, you want something thick enough to stay on your face, but not so gooey that it dries too fast. Start out adding a small amount of water and keep adding it until you have a good consistency.
    * Donít scrub your face harshly when removing the dried mask because your skin will get red and chafed if you do. You want to use warm water and a washrag to gently moisten and loosen the mask until you can wash it off.
    * Test a bit of the mixture on your inner arm, if it turns red, or you have any sharp uncomfortable stinging then do not use this mask on your face.

Thread Information