The chicken is marinated in yogurt and seasoned with the spice mixture tandoori masala. Cayenne pepper, red chili powder or Kashmiri red chili powder is used to give it a fiery red hue. A higher amount of turmeric produces an orange color. In milder versions, both red and yellow food coloring are sometimes used to achieve bright colors, but turmeric powder is both mild and brightly colored, as is paprika, a sweet red pepper powder. It is traditionally cooked at high temperatures in a tandoor (clay oven), but can also be prepared on a traditional barbecue grill.
Tandoori chicken with oven
Marinated chicken is skewed on to the skewer and cooked in a heated clay oven known as the Tandoor. It is heated by charcoal or wood which also add to the smoky flavour.
View more random threads:
- How to Cure Aching Tired Weary feet
- Less salt, more health
- Health benefits of cycling
- Drug to ward off painful memories
- Low-carb diets and its benifts
- Depression, anxiety and panic attacks
- tea for your health - tea stall in...
- Even low air poll levels increase chances of...
- Cosmetic Tips
- How to Keep Your Summer Makeup Fresh