It can be tricky to define "rich." Some studies in the United Kingdom have suggested people begin to feel "rich" when they can spend $75,000 a year without having to work; this equates to about $1.5 million in net wealth at 5% per year. By this standard, Donald Trump became rich the day he was born.
Trump's father, Fred, made a sizable fortune by building and selling housing for American soldiers and their families in World War II. It was at his father's real estate company that Donald got his start in business. Fred Trump died in 1999 with an estimated net wealth between $250 million and $450 million. Most of this money was made when Donald was in high school and college from the real estate business. It is estimated Trump received an inheritance worth between $40 million and $200 million from his father's estate.
View more random threads:
- Österreich Austria Tirol Travel Guide
- The story of charity: water
- Dining Etiquette with Kristine Stewart
- Getting Off Your "Buts"
- CREEPIEST Gifts
- This dude is all sorts of jacked up!
- Squirrel fills Antenna with Acorns
- Planning your visit to the Cliffs of Moher
- Pakistani Wedding Groom bride best dance in...
- New Burj Dubai Lake Fountain HD-Video