100 of the wisest sayings by Brigitte
1. Never take things personally.
2. Never end a relationship by text message
3. Donít knock it Ďtil you try it.
4. Show up.
5. Always use ďweĒ when referring to your home team or your government.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Never cancel dinner plans by text message.
8. Just because you can doesnít mean you should.
9. Donít dumb it down.
10. You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
11. If youíre staying more than one night, unpack.
12. Never park in front of a bar.
13. Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.
14. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car and first girl/boyfriend.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.
16. Donít text and drive.
17. Never lie to your doctor.
18. All guns are loaded.
19. Donít mention sunburns. Believe me, they know.
20. The best way to show thanks is to wear it. Even if itís only once.
21. Take a vacation off of your cell phone, internet and TV once a year.
22. Donít fill up on bread, no matter how good.
23. A handshake beats an autograph.
24. Donít linger in the doorway. In or out.
25. If you do something, do it with passion or not at all.
26. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
27. Never get your hair cut the day of a special event.
28. Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires.
29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.
30. When youíre with new friends, donít just talk about old friends.
31. Eat lunch with new kids.
32. When traveling, keep your wits about you.
33. Itís never too late for an apology.
34. Donít pose with booze.
35. If you have the right of way. Take it.
36. You donít get to choose your own nickname.
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.
38. Never push someone off a dock.
39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she is pregnant.
40. Itís not enough to be proud of your ancestry, live up to it.
41. Donít make a scene.
42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is the best.
43. Know when to ignore the camera.
44. Never gloat.
45. Invest in great luggage.
46. Make time for your mom on your birthday. Itís her special day too.
47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.
48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.
49. Give credit. Take blame.
50. Suck it up every now and again.
51. Give your seat up to the elderly.
52. Donít stare.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.
54. Stand up to bullies.Youíll only have to do it once.
55. If youíve made your point, stop talking.
56. Admit it when youíre wrong.
57. If you offer to help donít quit until the job is done.
58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.
59. Thank the bus driver.
60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.
61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.
62. Know at least one good joke.
63. Donít boo. Even the ref is somebodyís son.
64. Know how to cook one good meal.
65. Learn to swim.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.
67. Itís ok to go to the movies by yourself.
68. Dance with your mother/father.
69. Donít lose your cool. Especially at work.
70. Always thank the host.
71. If you donít understand, ask before itís too late.
72. Know the size of your husbandís/wifeís clothes.
73. There is nothing wrong with plain t-shirt.
74. Be a good listener. Donít just take your turn to talk.
75. Keep your word.
76. Fight for what matters.
77. Carry your motherís bags. She carried you for nine months.
78. Be patient with airport security. They are just doing their job.
79. Donít be the talker in the movie.
80. The opposite sex like people who shower.
81. You are what you do. Not what you say.
82. Learn to change a tire.
83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.
84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent.
85. Donít litter
86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
87. You wonít always be the strongest or the fastest but you can be the toughest.
88. Never call someone before 9 AM or after 9PM.
89. Stay in shape.
90. Make the little things count.
91. Always wear a bra at work.
92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
93. Youíre never too old to need your mom.
94. Count your blessings.
95. Know the words to your national anthem.
96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun than sitting on the bench alone.
97. Smile at strangers.
98. Make goals.
99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.