Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How We Can Take Action to help Palestine?

How We Can Take Action to help Palestine?

How We Can Take Action to help Palestine?

Analysis and sympathy have no value if they do not result in any action. There are enough action ideas below that every single person on this list has the power to do at least one, ideally many more.

1. Monitor and contact local media to inform others and counter misinformation. Write letters to the editor (usually 100-150 words) or op-eds (usually 600-800 words) for local newspapers. Also contact radio talk shows and television news departments, especially in response to biased coverage. You can find all local media at:

2. Organize and join demonstrations in front of Israeli embassies or (if that's not doable) in front of the offices of elected officials or other visible place. Inform the media beforehand. Here is a list of the many demonstrations happening around the country .

3. Join local activist groups organizing local actions. If there aren't any, start your own. Now is an excellent time to rally support.

4. Initiate boycotts, divestments and sanctions to nonviolently pressure Israeli compliance with international law, as was effective in the struggle against Apartheid in South Africa.

5. Send direct aid to Gaza through one of the following organizations:
    - United Nations Relief and Works Agency: http://www.un.org/unrwa/
    - Islamic Relief: http://www.irw.org
    - Canadian Red Cross: http://www.redcross.ca
    - American Near East Refugee Aid
    - Physicians for Human Rights

6. Contact elected and other political leaders in your country to urge them to apply pressure to end the attacks.

Call the Obama/Biden Transition Office at 202-540-3000, press 2 to speak to staff member. Tell them the U.S. needs a new Middle East policy, which holds Israel accountable to international law and UN resolutions and human rights. Tell them the U.S. should not support Israel with billions of dollars every year and should not be arming Israel with U.S. made weapons. Add your own suggestions. The time is right for President-elect Obama to hear from the peace community.

7. Sign petitions for Gaza.

8. Do a group fast for peace one day and hold it in a public place.

9. Inform others in your community with flyers, vigils, and conversations. At the very least, forward this on.

10. Pray For them

This list was based on a call from the Palestinian Center for Rapprochement Between People and Friends of Sabeel.

Member Array
    I've no words - its really painfull, my heart sinks and cries .... words can't heal their sufferings and pains in this situation .... I wish I could DO something !!! It is utmost shame not only for muslim but all HUMANS ....

This is pity that muslim countries have 70% of world's natural resources(Gas, Oil etc) but can't use it as a weapon as they did in 1973.... the least of the least one can do individually is to Pray and boycott their products.

I pray for those suffering in Palestine !!! Please do the least you can as HUMAN !!!

anyone wish to sign the petetion can use the link below.

http://www.petitiononline.com/ISRLPLST/petition.html

Jazak Allah ...

Member Array
    Ya Allah Pleaseeee forgive Us , save the people suffering in palestine .... Indeed you are the most Merciful... Plz guide us towards the straight path... Ameeeeen

anyone wish to do something ... please follow the link below

http://www.palestinercs.org/news_details.aspx?nid=51

May Allah give strength, courage and will power to the Mujahideen .... may Allah write Victory in their destiny .... Aameen

" حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ "
    "Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.''

Senior Member Array
    D only way to stop is palestine people ust ask hamas group to bcum silent.

Till dis date israel was warnin and now dey lost deir calmness and started deir war. Did d world go wen israel was affected? Dey all just said dat dey were shocked and r angry on palestine hamas.

So israel lost deir coolness. According to israel it is not wrong...

Think it from all directions. Den u'll also feel wat israel did is rite....

I did not post this to hurt anyone. It is just wat i felt. If this has hurted sumone sorry for tat.

i think you are saying that its right to bomb a mosque and a hospital. what a shame for israeli loosers.

Senior Member Array
    we r not favouring a specific country here.... but we will favour whatever is true, and support whoever is suffering... and we all know why israel is doing so.... acording to our Holy Quran and Aahdees, these r all symptoms of 3rd world war... and the end of this world...
    Besides i will say here, plz think b4 u speak... coz all human beings r equal... if people have some probs with hamas then y isreal is killing innocent infants, children and women.... as a muslim it is our strong belief that these cruel people have to suffer in Hereafter..... and this time is not so far away.... just w8 for the Day of Judgement.... everything will be clear....

We shud show some mercy toward this issue... i m shocked to read unkind comments....

Senior Member Array
    no naveed...u r wrong...

I did not mean tat....Wen we were all silent wen palestine were attacking, we do not have any rites to speak wen israel is taking actions to save their land...

Tats it...

I did not bring in any mosque or hospital in the presence...

I just said my view. Each one has their own ideas. So deres nothin wrong in tat...

In my opinion i have said the above things. I did not mean to humiliate or harm anyone...

Sveetzara...u got me wrong again....

Killin innocent people is wrong. An report as per US as said many hamas r hiding in palestine gaza border. And people r supporting dem. Wen israel asked the govt of palestine to destroy/give the culprits, govt took actions. But d local people did not accept for tat. Dey conducted strike as a whole which we must not forget. Here it is not like allah or jesus or hindu lords.

It is human tendancy. We were mouth shut. Israel could have invaded gaza lon long back. But it gave respect to gaza people. But since the time of gaza people did strike israel attacks dem. If u want just check out the public websites of palestine often for updated records. So this is y america also is not ready to take part in this.

Now in India also in tamil nadu fishermen are being attacked continously attacked by srilankan army people. They r murdered, hurted, tortured. Is dere any wish for those people to attack us? I frankly say tat people here were trying to supply fuel, weapons and other things to LTTE. So to avoid tat only dey attacked. Dese u'ld have not known. Even people here would not have known. All is politics in dis world.

I'm not here to debate, i just said my view tats it. I said this wid wat i heard. Deres a lot more hiding bhind. So plz people who knows more info on dis issue can speak out here so it may b useful for some or the other....

SORRY AGAIN IF TAT HURTED SUMONE

Have a gr8 day
    bye tc

Palestinians are freedom fighters , as we fought for our freedom against the BRITISH.

JEWS occupied their land. and they are still occupying the remaining. ISRAEL is the only country in the world which defines its borders itself.

look it happens all over the world , action and reaction. so see who has started the action , its not the palestine people who started the action , but if you see history , JEWS occupied their land and that is a point where the conflict starts , as a reaction HAMAS and all other organizations like this came into being. they are doing what they can do to take their country back. i ask you that if some one occupies your home land ? what will be your reaction? and its not only the matter of occupation , they are trying everything so that the Palestinian people run away from that land , they kill women and children , what a shame for the western world. these extreme acts will produce extreme reactions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information