The vise is made almost completely out of solid pine. The jaw pads and handle are maple.
The jaws are 8" wide and the vise opens nearly 7"
The lead screw is a leveling leg for a scaffold and is about 1-1/4" thick solid steel.
I clear coated the finished vise with oil based polyurethane and bolted it down to my workbench with 3/8" lag bolts.
The video is made up of nearly 200 clips, filmed over three days. It shows all of the important parts of the build in a very concise package. There is no narration, since to do so would turn this 12 minute movie into a three or four part miniseries.
View more random threads:
- OSU Marching Band wins at life
- This happens only in India
- Google Secrets You Need To See
- Donating Organ After Death
- Tarzan The Coughing Apeman - Funny Commercial
- This is the coolest chemical reaction EVER
- Water Damage laptop prank
- Outstanding IAF Helicopter rescuing a...
- Everyday Simple Hijab Tutorial
- Captive Lions: The Exotic Pets - Sensational...