PRAWN SHASLIK WITH APPLE CURRY SAUCE
Prawns, shelled and deveined 12-16 medium
Curry powder 1 teaspoon
Black peppercorns, crushed 8-10
Salt to taste
Lemon juice 2 tablespoons
Green capsicums, seeded 1 inch pieces 2 medium
Tomatoes, seeded 1 inch pieces 2 medium
Onions, quartered, layers separated 2 medium
Green apples, cored and roughly chopped 2 medium
Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
Oil 1 tablespoon
Bay leaf 1
Onion, roughly chopped 1 medium
Ginger, roughly chopped 1 inch piece
Curry powder 2 teaspoons
White pepper powder ΒΌ teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Wash and pat dry the prawns and marinate them in curry powder, crushed black peppercorn, salt and lemon juice and refrigerate until required.
2. Mix green capsicum, tomato and onion pieces with the marinated prawns and refrigerate for fifteen to twenty minutes.
3. Skewer the marinated prawns and vegetables on an eight-inch wooden skewer in a uniform sequence.
4. Heat a non-stick tawa, brush with a little oil and place the skewered prawns. Cook them on medium heat, turning occasionally, for five to six minutes or till prawns are just done. Serve hot topped with apple curry sauce.
5. For sauce, mix the apple with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
6. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add bay leaf, onion and ginger. Cook on high heat, stirring continuously, for three to four minutes or till it just starts turning brown.
7. Add green apples and one cup water, bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for five to six minutes or till the apples are cooked and soft.
8. Add curry powder, white pepper powder and salt to taste. Cool, remove the bay leaf and puree the apple mixture. Pass it through a sieve and keep warm.