Indian activist Irom Sharmila has ended her 16-year-long hunger strike against a controversial security law, in order to compete in local elections. Her campaign, described as the world's longest hunger strike, had led to her being detained, and forced fed through a tube in her nose for over a decade. She was held under a law that makes attempting suicide a crime.
View more random threads:
- A Pelican Strikes a small Aircraft
- Attacking bear scared by a man
- Men's meal at Asian wedding recption in...
- BIZARRE Diseases
- Just For Laughs Gags Asia - 2nd Mar 2010...
- Momma Raccoon Puts Babies To Bed
- Guinness World Records 2008 Top100
- Awesome Children Dance in Moldova got Talent
- Hindemith: Mathis de Maler / RSPO / Herbert...
- Pump It Up - The Ultimate Dance Workout 2004