THANK YOU "Two Magic Words"
THANK YOU "Two Magic Words"
Are some of your work or personal relationships frustrating? Here's an instant solution. At home or on the job, you can improve your relationships with these two magic words.
THE MAGIC WORDS
The magic is in these two simple words, "Thank You." These two magic words will make others feel close to you and create loyal relationships.
Don't be like the husband who told his wife on their wedding day, "I'm telling you now that I love you, and if that ever changes, I'll let you know." To have great relationships you must continually let people know that you care about them and appreciate them.
APPRECIATION - THE KEY TO GREAT RELATIONSHIPS
Wouldn't you like a little more appreciation? Everyone does! People crave appreciation. Nobody ever gets enough, and the most difficult people hardly get any at all. Saying, "Thank You", or "Thank you" is the easiest thing you can do to improve your relationships - FAST.
LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT
Obviously, you know to say "Thank you" when someone gives you a gift or does something special for you. However, if you're seriously interested in improving your relationships, you need to let people know how much you appreciate things that are not special. These are the things that we just take for granted because people are supposed to do them anyway.
Start today by saying, "Thank You" for all those little things. Making a simple phone call, or writing a short note only takes a minute or two.
To your co-worker say, "I appreciate your pleasant smile. It makes me look forward to coming to work."
To your husband say, "I appreciate your taking out the trash, and helping the kids with their homework, etc."
THE APPRECIATION MAGNET
Appreciation makes people feel valued, and accepted. These powerful attributes act like a magnet to attract people to you and make them trust you.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT
Just think of all the benefits you can get simply by saying, "Thank You."
• You will feel happier because you are focusing on how others are making your life better, not on their shortcomings.
• You will feel more successful because, even though your life is not perfect, you will be living with an attitude of gratitude for what you have now.
• You will be creating an atmosphere of acceptance both at work and at home.
• You will receive more cooperation from co-workers, and family.
• You will receive more appreciation for yourself in return.
If it makes such a difference why don't more people show their appreciation? It's probably because most people consider writing thank you notes a chore. Instead, here's how you can have fun - get creative.
• Cover your thank you letters with the word "Thank You" in different sizes and fonts.
• Make your own colorful thank you cards
• Give decorated "Thank You" cookies
• Buy thank you gifts at the toy store
• Write a poem.
• Send a quote
• Along with your thank you note include a joke
• Bake your favorite dessert and include the recipe in your gift.
• Give chocolate Kisses
• Give a plant or flowers
To help you remember to express your appreciation often, make a list of the people you want to thank. As you thank them, write their names on your calendar. Do this each month and realize all the relationships you have improved.
Appreciation is like spreading man-made sunshine into the lives of those who have, in some small way, made your life happier. They will, in turn, spread this sunshine to others, just like tossing a pebble into the water spreads ripples far and wide.
thankyou mrina for sharing a really good post with us all.....
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)