Terror, Chaos Grip Gaza
GAZA CITY (CNN) -- Israel allowed dozens of trucks carrying relief aid into Gaza on Monday, but the United Nations said the aid will not be enough to alleviate a worsening humanitarian situation as Israel's military assault on Gaza enters its third day.
Israeli military sources said 50 trucks carrying humanitarian aid crossed into Gaza on Monday through the Kerem Shalom border crossing and more are expected to cross later in the day.
"We had about 40 trucks yesterday, we hope [to have] about 100 today," said Karen AbuZayd, the commissioner-general of the U.N. Relief and Works Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA).
"But we need a lot more than that because we were completely out of stock," she told CNN on Monday.
She called on Israel to open more border crossings to humanitarian aid.
View more random threads:
- It is time to ban Nuclear weapons
- Google worth
- The language of sorrow......Fatima Bhutto.
- When Mughals kept bad company.......
- NKorea informed US of nuclear test: official
- urdu - Pakistan Super League, PCB khilarion...
- Europe parliment Election
- Who’s afraid of Nehru’s India? By Aijaz Zaka...
- Inequality And Imperialism !!!!
- China reports 5th confirmed case of A/H1N1...