Heavy rain in China's eastern, southern and southwestern areas since May 4 has led to 66 deaths with 11 people still unaccounted for, the Ministry of Civil Affairs (MCA) said Wednesday.
As of Wednesday morning, over 4.66 million people had been affected, with 95,000 people relocated.
The MCA added that 68,000 people are in need of basic living assistance, 5,200 houses had collapsed and 74,000 were damaged.
A total of 268,000 hectares of crops were damaged, including 28,300 hectares that were totally destroyed, with direct economic losses estimated at 5.33 billion yuan (820 million U.S. dollars), the MCA said.
View more random threads:
- Dr. Aafia Siddiqui is in pain, literally!!
- Military Advancement/Tech News.....19-05-2009
- M.M Alam
- Reema Khan visits Shaukat Khanum Memorial...
- 15 richest men of pakistan....
- Workers stick to their duties in heavy snow
- US state Alaska reports first confirmed case...
- Turkey Prime minister's wife visits barma
- CCTV cameras installed in Khanewal city
- Parental Anguish and the Lone Wolf !!!