It will hardly surprise anyone that bride-snatching is illegal in Kyrgyzstan, but when you look at sentencing, the reality paints a far different picture. A sheep's life is worth four times more than a young woman's. The custom - in which single young men kidnap their bride of choice and pressure them to agree to marriage - is very common in this country. But as RT's team has found out, this centuries-old tradition surprisingly has its passionate proponents as well as harsh critics.
View more random threads:
- Effect of lynx on women
- Amazing Dry Ice Bubbles!
- Train Ride from Cusco to Machu Picchu, Peru
- Photographing 'nowhere people'
- How To Take The Perfect Hadouken Photo
- Expensive Foods
- How To Draw Your Hand In 3D
- Julie shoot for Sports Illustrated "Swim...
- Terrible Tornado
- Incredible Human Kaleidoscope......!!