12 Warning Signs That You're Not Drinking Enough Water
Youíre well aware of the fact that you donít drink enough water, and no you havenít done anything about it. Well, maybe these signs that your body desperately needs more hydration will motivate you to change your habits!
1. You get headaches for no reason.
Well, you may not know the reason, but it could be dehydration. The next time you get a headache, drink lots of water, wait 10 minutes and then eat something. Your headache may just disappear.
2. You get hungry even though youíve just eaten.
Your brain often confuses the signals for hunger and thirst, so when you think youíre hungry, you could actually be thirsty.
3. You often feel tired and lethargic.
When you donít drink enough water, your body is forced to slow down in order to conserve energy and resources, making you feel tired, sleepy and lethargic.
4. You have trouble concentrating.
Over 70% of the brain is made up of water. When youíre dehydrated, brain function slows down and it becomes difficult for you to focus or concentrate.
5. Your skin tends to get dry.
If your skin is always dry and your lips are always chapped, and it doesn't seem to be due to the weather, it could be because youíre not drinking enough water. If you want soft and smooth skin, make it a point to drink plenty of water.
6. Your pee is very yellow.
This is a little bit gross, but make it a habit to peek into the pot every time you finish peeing. If your urine is clear or pale yellow then youíre fine, but if itís dark yellow or brown then you need to drink water immediately.
7. Your digestive system is acting up.
Acidity, indigestion and constipation could all be indicators of dehydration. Water keeps your digestive system moving and prevents constipation. It also dilutes stomach acid, so without it you could suffer from acute acidity.
8. Your heart sometimes beats a little faster.
Rapid, fluttery heartbeats are a sign of dehydration.
9. You feel dizzy all of a sudden.
Dizziness can be caused by many different factors, like medication and lack of sleep, but dehydration is another prominent cause.
10. Your breath stinks.
When youíre dehydrated, your body doesnít produce enough saliva. Saliva protects your teeth from harmful bacteria, but without it the bacteria get a chance to flourish.
11. Your mouth is often dry.
A dry mouth can indicate dehydration, so keep water nearby and sip it whenever you need to. A dry mouth could also be a side effect of medication, so donít confuse the two.
12. Your muscles and joints hurt.
Water lubricates your muscles and joints, so lack of it can make movement painful!
View more random threads:
- The extraordinary uses of pepper
- Jack Andraka
- Prom Hair Style Tips
- Prostate - Excellent Illustration (for men)
- How to Apply Foundation Makeup on Men
- ..Pimples..Prevent it by Curing it....
- 10 Reasons Why Exercise is Good for Your...
- Atkins Diet Recipes
- Soy milk Hot spring in Japan
- Lasik or Laser Eye Operation