MQM chief destroyed 2 generations in Karachi: Mustafa Kamal

Former mayor of Karachi Mustafa Kamal and expelled Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Anees Qaimkhani lashed out at MQM Chief Altaf Hussain during a live press conference on Thursday.
Mustafa Kamal said MQM Chief Altaf Hussain destroyed two generations in Karachi. He alleged correction of Altaf Hussain is impossible since he remains intoxicated 24 hours.
READ MORE: Mustafa Kamal returns to Pakistan after 2 years
Former mayor of Karachi, Mustafa Kamal in a dramatic return to the city revealed for the first time his reasons behind his controversial exit from the Muttahid Qaumi Movement and criticised the party’s chief Altaf Hussain for what he called his poor running of one of Karachi’s strongest political parties.
“I had been a senator for a few months when I left my position, usually those who leave the MQM are kicked out but we left of our own accord.”
He went on to state, “When the 2013 elections came, the Urdu-speaking citizens of Karachi gave more than 850,000 votes to the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf. But the MQM, due to its organisational structure, was the only party to bounce back while remaining in government for five years.”
“Despite poor governance and performance between 2008 and 2013, the MQM was able to bag two more seats in the National Assembly in last elections.”
“I thought the PTI was stealing almost a million votes from MQM’s strongholds, which will make the party rethink its ways,” added Kamal.
“Every time the MQM joined the government, its position deteriorated,” Kamal stated.
“But Altaf sahab and the MQM instead of apologising, began verbally attacking PTI women activists at Two Swords.”
Referring to the MQM supremo as “Altaf sahib” as compared to his earlier reverential use of “Altaf Bhai”, he said Hussain was often intoxicated while addressing workers, and that his state worsened over time.
“Altaf gathered his workers and was intoxicated, when he addressed his supporters at 90 after the PTI achieved success during the 2013 elections,” said Kamal.
Kamal said despite repeated requests, Altaf Hussain did not listen to advice by party leaders.
Kamal said Altaf was intoxicated when addressing the entire Rabita Committee, and nowadays positions in the Rabita Committee are changed in minutes. He added that people have sacrificed their lives and generations for Altaf Hussain, while we used to take responsibility of all his mistakes and actions.